JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
k3M2tLn.jpg
heck of a big muzzle brake for it. :)

I wouldn't refer to this firearm as a Curio or Relic.

The nicest thing I might say would be to call it a curiosity like that of a bearded woman.

Other than what I could sell the barrel for as scrap to a recycler I don't see any value here.

its not a C&R its classified as an antique due to being a muzzle loader I believe.

As to its value it would make one heck of a Punt Gun for market hunting waterfowl. About 300grs of 2F black powder and a 4 oz of #2 birdshot should do nicely.

Minus the blunderbuss shaped muzzle it reminds me of either a blunderbuss or fougasse weapon along a set path. Filled with lead shot ball bearings broken glass metal shavings and scrap metal one would think anyone or anything coming into contact with the wrong end of this upon detonation is a goner. Anyone still alive after the initial balloon goes up will be answering to a higher calling. The federal govt will be well down near the bottom.

Negative it is Not a C&R, once it's modified in any way shape or form, it will no longer be a C&R ,,kinda like putting a ATI stock or something like that on a SKS,,it's no longer a C&R, it's a class 1 firearm then. Stupid I know,, but it is what it is. The law.

In this case with the bore diameter as large as it is, it may just be considered a "destructive device" actually or even maybe a NFA item. I'm not up to speed on either classifications? So someone is really pushing the legal limits with this thing if not already gone way beyond whats legal unless they have the appropriate licenses covering such things. Perhaps someone with way more experience here with that classification of fire arm can advise you on that one much better than I.

IMHO though,,,is damn foolish for even showing it here or any other place else at all,,,
One could very well end up sitting next to Bubba in cell block B for the next 10 to 12,,seriously!

I'd be taking this post down till someone knows for sure it's classification for sure. Then I'd only show it to someone , AFTER I had a BATFE letter in hand as to what's it's actual classification would be,,
whom ever built it or has it in there hands/possession is walking a very slippery tight rope here if you ask me!!!

But I'm not a lawyer or BATFE agent, so I could very well be way off base here ? But I'd be careful,,very very careful on this one.

Negative it is Not a C&R, once it's modified in any way shape or form, it will no longer be a C&R ,,kinda like putting a ATI stock or something like that on a SKS,,it's no longer a C&R, it's a class 1 firearm then. Stupid I know,, but it is what it is. The law.

In this case with the bore diameter as large as it is, it may just be considered a "destructive device" actually or even maybe a NFA item. I'm not up to speed on either classifications? So someone is really pushing the legal limits with this thing if not already gone way beyond whats legal unless they have the appropriate licenses covering such things. Perhaps someone with way more experience here with that classification of fire arm can advise you on that one much better than I.

IMHO though,,,is damn foolish for even showing it here or any other place else at all,,,
One could very well end up sitting next to Bubba in cell block B for the next 10 to 12,,seriously!

I'd be taking this post down till someone knows for sure it's classification for sure. Then I'd only show it to someone , AFTER I had a BATFE letter in hand as to what's it's actual classification would be,,
whom ever built it or has it in there hands/possession is walking a very slippery tight rope here if you ask me!!!

But I'm not a lawyer or BATFE agent, so I could very well be way off base here ? But I'd be careful,,very very careful on this one.

It was at shot show last year. they added a cannon to a mosin receiver so I was joking about C&R status. once you buy your C&R gun you can modify it all you want, though you probably cant sell it as a C&R gun once you do that.

Exactly bolus,,and like I was saying about the SKS's and just changing a stock will change it's classification,,kind of ironic isn't it? Same darn gun, but somehow it's all of a sudden a entirely a different animal??? Just cause you put a different stock on it,,,HUH??

I don't get it?? Oh well,,,bureaucrats ya know!!! I guess they have to find something to take up there time too I guess! Weather it makes any sense or not.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top