JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I could imagine.........

Say......that YOU as the Home Owner was to fire off one of those (or say a warning shot).

The "Thief" thinks that deadly force is being used against him/her. The thief is maybe thinking that YOU have just done an illegal act trying to kill him over a "minor theft/burglary". It was YOU who raised the stakes in this "game". So, the thief responds with deadly force.

Yeah.....you get dead. And, the thief/burglar is seen as just protecting his own life. Imagine.....Self Defense for the shooting/death of YOU the homeowner. But maybe, probation over the theft/burglary conviction. Justice. Especially considering.......well......."What color are YOU vs. the other guy?"

Aloha, Mark
And yet YOU were only following joe's recommendation (fire a couple of shots in the air). In which case should joe be culpable for having provided bad advice?

And yet YOU were only following joe's recommendation (fire a couple of shots in the air). In which case should joe be culpable for having provided bad advice?

Rrrrright.....
Believe what you want......at your own peril. LOL.

BTW? Are YOU also one of those that believe that the cops should be firing "warning shots" before using "deadly force"?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

A duly elected former vice President of The United States, and current President of The United States, recommends blasting a double barrel shotgun into the air to scare off intruders! I like the sound of THAT! Who's going to go first? :s0131:

So once you "pretend shoot" with these things and you run out, is that when you threaten them by calling a social worker or park ranger?

BidenDrawingBlank.jpg

Dang! Those are expensive. Wouldn't it make more sense to cut the shell and pour out the shot, effectively making your own?
However, that wad would still be a short range projectile and can cause significant damage, especially if made of cardboard.
As a kid I cut an old US issued buckshot round, poured the shot and fired the shell off in the basement. :eek: that wad put a huge 12 gauge dent in a solid pine door....

As a kid I cut an old US issued buckshot round, poured the shot and fired the shell off in the basement. :eek: that wad put a huge 12 gauge dent in a solid pine door....
Had an acquaintance/friend through high school that did that in his parents basement while they were upstairs watching TV. The folks had a problem with it. Your name isn't Doug M. is it?

As a dumb kid, I thought it would be neat to cap the end of a 1/2" iron pipe (my dad was a plumber), drill a little hole in it, break open a brick of firecrackers and dump the powder and most of the fuses down the pipe, pack a steelie marble down on top of it, clamp it in a vice (in the garage), stick the last fuse in the hole I drilled, and light that beetch off. The steelie went through the garage door and busted out my dad's windshield. I wasn't as lucky at @orygun and did get my butt blistered....Plus my ears rang for a week.

As a kid I cut an old US issued buckshot round, poured the shot and fired the shell off in the basement. :eek: that wad put a huge 12 gauge dent in a solid pine door.

One of my pals did that with a .410. Only he wanted to see the flames. So he held it up to a four-fold wardrobe mirror. The wad and concussion wasted all four panels of that mirror. Same guy accidentally fired a 12 gauge birdshot load into a stucco wall. My own childhood home had a couple of bullet holes in it here and there. Kids with guns sometimes do stoopid things.

Plus my ears rang for a week.
There was that one time when I found an old Black Cat firecracker in Dad's pickup. I lit the fuse with an in dash cigarette lighter and tossed it on the ground. The fuse quit so I picked up and relit it. It went off in my fingers, still inside of the cab! Not only did my fingers hurt and I got a good blister, my ears rang all day...

Yeah, Kids do stoopid things...

Something to consider with using these rounds for self defense against a person....

Is that other person , may have a gun , that is loaded with cartridges , that actually fire bullets.
And he may have no qualms about shooting you.

I would think that rounds like the ones in the OP , might useful for scaring off birds and other pests from farm fields , crops , orchards and the like....but not so useful for self- defense.
Andy

Summed up thusly:

Never point a loaded firearm at anything you're not willing to kill or destroy...

New CA compliant hunting rounds!
I heard California is working on a new 'high-tech' round.

When you pull the trigger it uses a Bluetooth signal to hack the perp's smartphone, finds the embarrassing video they uploaded to RateMyWeight.com last year in a fit of Tequila (and thought they'd deleted), and uploads it to Facebook in a viral fat-shaming of epic proportions. Should sell like hotcakes bran muffins.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top