JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any opinions on how/if 1240 affects C&R holders and transfers of firearms that are otherwise eligible under C&R guidelines? From what I can make of all this, it sounds like any C&R firearm that otherwise meets the new definition of "assault weapon" couldn't be transferred even if both buyer and seller hold C&R licenses.
In my read of the bill, it did not appear that C&R was referenced outside of the definitions. I think your thought is correct- even if C&R elgible, that firearm has been declared an "assault weapon" per their definition. Keep in mind that critics are calling this the most restrictive ban in history- far worse than even CA or NY- mn, it is quite true that nearly every semi auto centerfire rifle will be banned. With regards to C&R guns, I find this particularly interesting because the bill calls out the SKS. The bill clearly states that the "additional features" - ie barrel shroud, muzzle brake, grip etc must also include a rifle with a detachable magazine. The bill excludes rifles with FIXED magazines with capacity at 10 rds or less. In its most common and purest form, the SKS fits this definition- it has a fixed 10 rd mag- no pistol grip, threaded barrel- just a handguard- but the magazine is fixed- so therefore not an "assault weapon" but YET- it is on their "list" - how dumb are they? This is what happens when you have folks writing laws about something they know very little about.

The WA Senate and Congress are still fighting over the final reconciliation bill, then it has to go the meathead's desk to be signed HOWEVER….. you know they want to make a big show and photo-op of it and bring in all the big 2A's to stand around him as he signs it which will take time…..

It isn't a law yet, you may be able beat the dipsheit-clock.

the auction ends tonight- If I could have the seller overnight it and get started on the paperwork or at least have it in transit, would that be good enough- per Bill's video and some research Ive done- you just have to have an FFL willing to transfer it to you. Once the paperwork is started all good? Sorry if this has been asked before. I know it has. That might be what I try and do
👎👎👎

Your FFL may be willing to hold it in case an injunction is granted.
I have a plan that I have worked with an FFL. rifle should be here on Wednesday. FFL is willing to hold the gun- another back up plan is for me to sell the rifle down to a family member in TX (my whole family lives there)- I'll be moving back before too long. But hopefully we see an injunction granted on this relatively quickly. Regardless, I have a plan and I have options. We will see how this goes. Let's hope the dems deliver on their alleged "promise" that pending transactions will go through. I will keep everyone posted on what happens. If the gun ends up living in TX for a bit, it will be in good hands and at least I got to be the guinea pig/dont be like me guy for everyone here.

As she sits today… paperwork complete and submitted… We will see what happens but looks like HB 1240 has passed the house again and will be headed to Gov desk tomorrow. FFL has told me that they have not been instructed on what to do- so many of them are still processing until the bill is signed. Hopefully that bodes for me taking this rifle home with me- if not, off to TX she goes!

Also- side note- thanks to everyone who has followed along and provided me with suggestions as well. This has been quite a crazy ride in just 3 days- at least the nail biting part of actually getting the rifle to WA from VA is over!!

D4EF0153-61D7-4CD2-9955-09AAD6DE6CC4.jpeg

Any updates?
Ive gotten the proceed but the FFL can't transfer to me until the law is enjoined. He is going to hold until the 18th and then ship to TX. Ive already arranged an FFL for it to go to and my father is going to pick it up. So- we'll see. Regardless I am getting the rifle. FYI for folks on here (and take it with a grain of salt)- I have heard from not one, but two FFL's that I work with, a rumor that an injunction will be issued on May 9th… Fingers crossed people!!

Well folks. Three months later and she is finally home. What a ride that was. My folks have been asking "Is it really that bad up there?" Then I showed them this rifle. Damn thing looks like it's about to fall apart- it is a Gewehr 43 after all, and I said "Yes, the politicians in Olympia considered this beat up, built in 1944 rifle to be an "assault weapon" - needless to say, jaws dropped and even some of my more liberal family members were puzzled. I'll continue to share this story and show this rifle with more folks that believe in "Common sense" gun control- I have lots of friends that very ignorantly stand in that corner. Once you see that a gun like this is banned within democratic proposed GC legislation, most folks pick up that "Common sense" gun control isn't really about saving lives, but is about taking our right to keep and bear arms (Even if they are over 80 years old!!) away.

4B49A5BB-6D5F-4C49-8EAA-68E80119F3A1.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top