JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So… I threw a bid down on this Gewehr 43 rifle- not confident that I was going to win. However, it looks like I have a very good chance of winning. Now I didnt realize at first, but I noticed that the rifle had what appeared to be a thread protector. Turns out that yes, these rifles (Just G43's) have threaded barrels. This threaded barrel was for blank fire adaptors for training purposes. Not all of the G43 rifles have them and the K43's dont have them at all. Given the fact that the mag is removable as well- does that mean this 80 year old poorly manufactured gun is really an assault weapon and that I probably wont be able to get this transferred in time? I did not see C&R guns in list of exclusions. My thought after reading HB 1240 for the 500th time is that yes, this is an assault weapon. I have already communicated to the seller that I might have to be a deadbeat in this case, which just sucks.

9F67A229-AFDC-4231-97B9-BB70D1194F37.jpeg 71583894-B200-4B02-95B7-18C166740E31.jpeg

Last Edited:
Well, that rifle probably "assaulted" someone in it's past so...

I don't have a great answer for you, though my interpretation is the same as yours in that it seems to meet the likely soon recognized Washington definition of assault weapon. That sucks biggly.

Additionally......it's a......."WEAPON of WAR".

So of course......the Libs won't sit still while you're spending your hard earned money on what YOU like.

Aloha, Mark

Show us in HB1240, exactly, where a pin and weld thread protector is allowed to circumvent the threaded barrel definition. Otherwise, this is false and dangerous advice.

the auction ends tonight- If I could have the seller overnight it and get started on the paperwork or at least have it in transit, would that be good enough- per Bill's video and some research Ive done- you just have to have an FFL willing to transfer it to you. Once the paperwork is started all good? Sorry if this has been asked before. I know it has. That might be what I try and do

the auction ends tonight- If I could have the seller overnight it and get started on the paperwork or at least have it in transit, would that be good enough- per Bill's video and some research Ive done- you just have to have an FFL willing to transfer it to you. Once the paperwork is started all good? Sorry if this has been asked before. I know it has. That might be what I try and do
Talk to your transferring dealer and see what they would do.

Upper part of handguard could be a problem too.

"(I) A shroud that encircles either all or part of the barrel [24] designed to shield the bearer's hand from heat, except a solid [25] forearm of a stock that covers only the bottom of the barrel;"

Upper part of handguard could be a problem too.

"(I) A shroud that encircles either all or part of the barrel [24] designed to shield the bearer's hand from heat, except a solid [25] forearm of a stock that covers only the bottom of the barrel;"
This is absurd. Their list and named features are arguably more comprehensive than California's ban. There is absolutely no way this holds up in court IMO. Im moving out of the state fairly soon, but the principle of it makes my blood boil. And dont you guys worry, even when I move- I'll continue to harass my reps in Snohomish county with emails (For fun) and donate to SAF or FPC in WA. I may even mail a turd to Inslee 🤨

Show us in HB1240, exactly, where a pin and weld thread protector is allowed to circumvent the threaded barrel definition. Otherwise, this is false and dangerous advice.
Not to worry for me. I can appreciate monkeybutler's creativity. But pretty sure if I did that to this gun, I'd become the creme de la creme of bubba's and the milsurp community would oust me

Looks like you're the only bidder with a half hour to go? Has 850 views so there may be a last minute bidder waiting to snipe it out from under you. Happened to me once, maybe you'll get "lucky"

That's $3000 bid!... I don't know if that seller is going to let you off easy since you're the only bidder.
Just offer to pay the relisting fee if there is one; otherwise you may get a bad mark on your GB record.
I would not pay the money only to have it untransferable. I think you need to accept the loss and take the consequence, whatever that is, but don't pay; you won't get the gun.

Well that's just great; another bidder went active and your autobid is still winning... I want to bury my head in a hole for you; that's just sooo bad. Now would be the time to get hold of the seller and cancel your bid so the other guy gets the gun... best of luck to you.

Well that's just great; another bidder went active and your autobid is still winning... I want to bury my head in a hole for you; that's just sooo bad. Now would be the time to get hold of the seller and cancel your bid so the other guy gets the gun... best of luck to you.
I know. More salt in the wound! He's almost up to my bid too. Lol

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads