JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
An elderly lady that has, "crops?" I would have to suggest that Ethel, just put a fence around her rose bushes.
If you get involved, you could lose not only your gun, hauling equipment (truck), the rights to hunt in the future, the animal, a fine, among others, you could see jail time as well.

this made me laugh!

Call the game warden as the state has a list of guys they call to come out and take care of that for you. The hunter has to have passed the pro hunter program as is on a revolving list of guys signed up for this type of thing. They come out shoot and remove. These guys are contacted only by the ODFW and given the name and address after they purchase the tag for doing it. As far as I know this is a year round program.

I live in a rural setting and my neighbor down the dead end road from me is a Deputy Sheriff. He called one night to ask me a favor. A lady had called in to report an injured deer in the middle of a county road near our place. It was still alive but flopping around in the fog and the dark. He was concerned about it getting hit again or causing someone to swerve off the road trying to avoid it. He was watch commander but had his guys spread thin and couldn't get anyone out there, and was asking me to go down there, shoot it and drag it out of the road. I drove off into the fog and soon saw a pair of hazard lights and a doe struggling to drag herself off the road in the headlights of the parked car. I stopped beside her and got out, approached the deer and put a 185gr .45 into her head and drug her off the road, hopped into my truck and headed home. About halfway back my phone rang..it was my neighbor. I told him what had transpired and where the carcass was...then added 'Maybe I should have said something to the lady".... He started laughing and said; "Yeah she has already called us about you!!! Was that poaching????

:( In WA it IS considere poaching by the law. I must be the most evil immoral person in the world based on the posts in this thread ANY poaching is immoral................... I can sleep much better with the number of injured deer I have put down :s0155:

Yeah I wonder.....I did not "take" the game and was acting under the direction of an LEO....but it is a fine line. Long time ago and nothing came of it, but with some of the comments here on this thread it did occur to me that it may have been not strictly legal......

:( In WA it IS considere poaching by the law. I must be the most evil immoral person in the world based on the posts in this thread ANY poaching is immoral................... I can sleep much better with the number of injured deer I have put down :s0155:

There is no way you could be any more evil than me, by the posts in this thread...

I think you need to study the synopsis before taking most of the advice posted here. Depending on where she's located, your neighbor might not need or be eligible to apply for a L.O.P tag. Might be an elk she could take during the general season.

Call the game warden as the state has a list of guys they call to come out and take care of that for you. The hunter has to have passed the pro hunter program as is on a revolving list of guys signed up for this type of thing. They come out shoot and remove. These guys are contacted only by the ODFW and given the name and address after they purchase the tag for doing it. As far as I know this is a year round program.

Yeah BS
Get the permit and take the animal yourself.You call to have it done this way and you won't get to keep the meat.

A guy I worked with took a few deer ,years ago.State was to send somebody from the prisons to get the meat.
Never did.Meat went to waste.
Personally I would have butchered and froze the meat until they came and got it
Maybe had a few stakes here and there ;)

ya the state sure has a way of wasting animals. if you hit an animal on the hwy you are not aowed to pick it up because they are worried that people will go out intentionally hitting animals. now i guess i could see a big problem or possibly a crime if the dudes rig looks like he is out running down deer or elk. but most people dont do that to there rig . but if i just smashed the front of my truck in id like to at least be able to have the animal that just did it . sorry this is a little off the subject but i saw the last post of wasting and giving good meat to prisoners

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top