JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Price is the answer. If it's a smoking deal, it's gone super fast.

Quick answer is to keep dropping the price every week or so till it sells.

Many people who buy reloading equipment, like me, are more interested in reselling these items so they are not going to pay full price for them. I have been lucky and bought several reloading setups at below asking price and then I was able to turn around and break the items up and get my money back, plus a little more. I do it more for the fun of it because I don't make a lot of money off of it.

Seems reasonable.

At the higher pricing that comes with these it puts you in a niche market.

Not too terrible on price.

I'm not sure how it is with others, but for me I don't really take much time to load in summer. The wet season is when I'll load a bunch. I notice the classifieds seem to slow down in the summer to. If you're not in a hurry, hang on to the stuff until winter. There should be some people maybe wanting to get themselves out of single stage as a Christmas present for themselves.

Thanks to everyone who answered - this is all very helpful. I'll probably let it sit and revamp the whole thing if it's still up in September.

AND

I'm with the rest of you. Fall and Winter are for reloading. Summer is for tequila.

f

If you want honest feedback: as a new reloader looking to buy my first progressive (currently learning on a single stage), your package price is a bit steep for me to buy a bunch of parts I don't need. For $650 I can get close to a new Dillon 550 with at least one set up for the few calibers I load.

Somethings move faster then others, this is an Item someone would buy if they needed on or upgrading.
But many are probably just happy with then setup or its too high for an entry level guy. Not saying not worth it.
Right now would be the same selling AK or AR mags they are plentyful and unless they are prices to move many would think twice. From what I have seen reloading is something people like to do in the fall or spring so being hot probably doesn't help sell this either. But hell what do I know,.

I think the budget minded beginners may be put off by the price a little. Also many reloaders already have what they need for their purposes. I agree let it sit as is for a while and see if you eventually get some offers, if not your price may not motivate a buyer who can buy a NIB set for the same price or less even with possible rebates and sale prices.

Personally season doesn't make a difference to me (except that Sales do seem to happen seasonally) I reload year round.

Stuff to think about. Somebody said it before, different words. Simply put, everything will sell, it's just a matter of price. Do you want to hang onto it indefinitely and squeeze the last dollar out of it, or are you a motivated seller and willing the chop the price? Make the price more attractive and it would go away.

Reality:

(1) You can buy the kit (not with the fancy handle) new for about $400 and up online, without your extras.

(2) Any potential buyer may not need and therefore not want any or all of the given extras. So to many people, the extras don't have all that much value.

(3) You've already discovered one reality about the Hornady set-up -- you're going Dillon.

(4) I don't think the secondary market for progressive equipment moves as fast as other reloading stuff might. For many handloaders, moving up from single stage to progressive is a big move. Done right, it involves some thought and consideration. And, progressive by nature is more complex so not as many people make the move. It's a hobby, not an industry for most of us.

(5) Having mentioned that this is a hobby, be prepared to lose money at it from time to time. At this point, I can just hear the snickers, guffaws, doh's, etc. You will hear gun people brag that they've never lost money selling a gun. Nay, they will brag about how much money they've made. Some of it is true, some is fiction. Personally, if I want something to go away, in my mind it's already gone and I don't worry overly about price, within reason. More important to me is making an unwanted item go away. I don't want to be a warehouse. Over the years I've known guys who won't let go until they get a certain price. The years go by, the dust accumulates, the rust forms, pieces get lost, new designs make objects obsolete; then they are even less likely to get their hold-out price.

Good luck selling the outfit, you will find a buyer for it some way.

Speaking of feets (not feats.. I didn't click), make sure your feets are visible in your pictures.
Seriously?:confused:

I actually have a OCD thing that I can't buy anything that has feet in pics.. I got nothing against feet... but the "rain man" in me can't do it. Can't buy anything larue either... can't stand the name.

Thank you - this is very helpful.

Everyone's response has been really positive and I appreciate the feedback!

f

Hang in there.

I don't know much about the classifieds here, but I can say that generally I will not pay more than 50% of new price for most items. I might go up to 75% for special items that I really want, say maybe a certain firearm, but I will never ever go over that.

I know the LNL is selling for $399.00 at Midway. My suggestion is much the same as others: list items separately with a separate price. IMO 50% or less is a good to smokin deal. Above that gets into premium territory for me and a reason to buy (extra super condition, etc) must be made.

Hang in there.

I don't know much about the classifieds here, but I can say that generally I will not pay more than 50% of new price for most items. I might go up to 75% for special items that I really want, say maybe a certain firearm, but I will never ever go over that.

I know the LNL is selling for $399.00 at Midway. My suggestion is much the same as others: list items separately with a separate price. IMO 50% or less is a good to smokin deal. Above that gets into premium territory for me and a reason to buy (extra super condition, etc) must be made.
Hate to say it, but my "buy it" price is usually at the 50% mark for used equipment.

I have a similar story. Bought the LNL with Cabelas points, used it for a few months with all the goodies and stumbled into a great buy on an XL650. At that point, I decided to try the Dillon and sell whichever one I liked least. What I found was both have their little "nuances" and liked both for different reasons. Then I shrugged my shoulders, set up one for one caliber, the other for a different caliber and figured my overall investment was worth not having to do setup changes to change calibers, (which is significantly easier in my mind on the LNL) so I kept both. Additional benefits; if I break one or the other, I can keep going while waiting for shipping on the broken one.

Just saying; if you aren't going to get out of the LNL what will make you feel warm and fuzzy, there is another option :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top