JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So my DPMS miculek that i wanted to try out just arrived but i have a little problem. The bullet(not the cartridge) WON'T fit on the last exit hole, see photo...

there are 4 other holes inside the compensator and all four are a little bit wider enough to make the bullet go through no problem compared to the last hole in the photo.
556.jpg

link of where i bought it
ARR-535 - AR-15 DPMS Miculek Compensator Kit Fits AR Models with Threaded Muzzles

please help?

that's what i was thinking too! but Ogre gave me a very useful explanation about it!
if you take out your AR's flash hider/compensator/brake off then try to fit the bullet on the barrel's threaded or non threaded end, the bullet does NOT fit either :p!
got the compensator installed. AR fired just fine.

tnX Ogre!

First off I DON"T OWN one of these compensators but maybe we can figure something out together.

Put your bullet down the muzzle of your rifle. It won't fit: correct? But it still shoots fine.

It seems to me that to be effective the compensator must divert as much gas as possible out of the ports. Gas that goes through the final hole (undiverted gas) will increase if there is windage (a gap) around the bullet and so the compensator will be less effective.

In other words it makes sense to me that there is no windage through the final hole.

I think this is why thread on compensators are effective but the clamp on compensators or those held with a set screw are occasionally launched down range. The bullet strikes the hole (and compensator) and the clamp or set screw gives way.

Anyway that's my two cents.

here you go Mr curious.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews