JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yup, that would be a short barrelled rifle. It would be legal if you got a "tax stamp" for your G17. Otherwise, this is VERY illegal to just slap on your regular G17.

The same goes with the vertical grip in the front. Put that on your G17 and it is considered an AOW (all other weapons) by the BATF and will require a tax stamp also.

Lets see if anybody makes a 16" Glock barrel? Now it's a rifle, by the same laws, and you should be able to slap a stock on there. They have been making a 1911 .45 kit like that for years, with a stock and barrel combo.

I recall someone did sell a kit that included 16in barrels for the Glocks and 1911s. Have seen them listed in a long time but the barrels are out there to be had :)

So here's the fun questions.

If the rule is "once a rifle always a rifle" and you use a Mech-Tech conversion, can you ever go back to a standard pistol configuration again?

And if so, why is this different than a AR-15 pistol/rifle.

:D

OK, I know about the mechtech and mako stock systems for the glock make it a SBR without the 16" barrel, but what about this:

UTAfull.jpg
http://www.makosecurity.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=UTA&Category_Code=_Glocks ?

Well, since it is Illegal without paying double the cost of the gun to register I think I will pass. I guess any idiot willing to pay to "play" with somthing like that can have it. I would rather have two Glock's.

Not a lawyer and the ATF may see things a bit differently, and ymmv, but...
The carbine conversion of the Glock or 1911 isn't the same as the rifle/ pistol T/C or like an AR pistol due to not having the option to configure it with the rifle stock and pistol barrel. It's funny that I can put a conversion cylinder on a black powder gun, yet have it still be black powder upon returning it to original configuration, and the same for installing a registered auto sear to make a machine gun. It's an either/ or configuration that cannot configure to an illegal state and actually requires no modification of the actual gun part, so why should it's legal status as a pistol change simply because it wore some parts?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top