JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to know an FFL who did gun shows, and in the 2008 panic buying as a small time operator his suppliers cut him out -- they sold whatever stock they had to their biggest/most profitable clients. So in some cases the only way he could get ammo was to run from one Bi-Mart to the next and buy up whatever they had, and as much as they'd sell him (obviously, retail).

Yes, gun shows were how he made a living, so he marked it up as you would any inventory. I remember when he first told me about it, I was thinking it was a gray area; if he was an individual it would be "hoarding", if this was just something he was doing for an extra buck, it would be "profiteering", but this was how he put food on the table and his other sources had dried up... so its just business in tough times.

I can't say if that's the same as the OP's situation, I don't know anything about that persons supply chain.

I just confirmed Tidewater was in Walmart this morning with two of his friends and bought EIGHT of the TEN boxes of 22LR available. He prevented a normal, wanting to go shooting, customer from purchasing any ammo at normal prices so he can go gouge his "regular, loyal customers" Yes let's support a business like this.

Posted to the local facebook site:

" I just talked to Walmart and they are going to be putting a stop to Steve (tidewater) and his friends buying Walmarts ammo and reselling it in his shop. They aren't Costco....they don't cater to businesses. They have the right to refuse service to anyone... And it is just unethical for Steve and his friends to buy it cheap from Walmart and sell it high. Steel has the ability to buy it as every other FFL holder does, from the companies that sell it."

Steel has the ability to buy it as every other FFL holder does, from the companies that sell it.
Good point SageRat. Unlike FFL's consumers cannot buy from distributors and wholesalers. We're stuck with retail. I think he should stick to his business model and stay outta the sheep's pasture.

If I lived close to this Walmart I would personally buy a stamp and ink pad to label each box with "Walmart, Tidewater" and give it to the manager.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top