JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
20220320_111953.jpg
Will this be an issue? Somehow my +1/4" became -3/8".

How long is the barrel? I know someone that looks like me whose fingers were observed around the end of the 6" handguard just before he was going to pull the trigger…derp de derp
16" with a 19" handguard. It would be difficult for me to get my hands infront of it.

Maybe roll with one of these? Not sure if your barrel is threaded 1/2x28 or 1/2x36, but the one in the link is 1/2x28. KVP's website is down, but I know they are available in several lengths and thread pitch.

View attachment 1158916
Will this be an issue? Somehow my +1/4" became -3/8".
The inside of the rail will get carboned up.
And it looks funky.

I would want the end of that muzzle device to be 1" - 2" beyond the handguard.
If that is not a can, then you can use a barrel extension of the correct length.
They look like a shortened can.

If it's a can, I do something about barrel length or handguard length.

Maybe roll with one of these? Not sure if your barrel is threaded 1/2x28 or 1/2x36, but the one in the link is 1/2x28. KVP's website is down, but I know they are available in several lengths and thread pitch.

That's the ticket, I'll have to order one of those.

I am going to make the assumption it is a 9mm AR and that is why your math was off.
Barrels are measured from bolt face forward and sense 9mm is blow back you do not have the chamber for the bolt lugs of an 5.56 barrel making the 9mm barrel a 1/2 in shorter than you would think.

Or you did not account for the 1/2 in needed to thread your flash can onto the barrel, it happens!

Like some one else said if the accuracy is good then run it, it might turn the edge black but that is the worst thing that can happen

Last Edited:
Personally, I'd buy a new barrel and use the old one as an excuse to build another AR...
That's how I got this one.

This worked.
20220329_162859.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews