JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good news and bad news. The good news is that the Glock mags I ordered amidst the December craziness arrived today. Maybe everybody is chilling out on the panic buying.

The bad news is that these 3 33rd glock magazines don't look like factory mags. They look like Korean knockoffs. I need help determining if they are legit or not.

I placed my order through Sportsman's Guide. Here is my order:
(wow, look at that order date!)
b0hnNYi.png

Here are the three mags that showed up today.

ve2oE1u.jpg

The floorplate of one of the mags.

yEl0Lzt.jpg

One of of my factory magazines alongside the new 33rd one.

bADGv12.jpg

View of top of mag

SwMuoVp.jpg

So did I get ripped off? I just recently got into glocks so I am not sure how to determine between factory and crap. If these aren't factory mags, then this is horrible customer service, and just flat out dishonest on Sportsman's Guide's part.

Thanks!

I don't believe those are original Glock mags, but made by PWA (PW Arms).

Supposedly, and by a few reviews, people say they are very good though (well in comparison to some of the other Korean/other copies). Nothing would beat a factory mag though.

Sportman's Guide does not represent them as being factory magazines, or at least NOW they do not -

33 - Rd. Mag For Glock 17 - 556295, 21 - 30 Rounds at Sportsman's Guide

They are in stock and available for purchase now; not just for the people that waiting for backorders.

Online review -

Last edited by a moderator:
Their description could be better but to me it doesn't seem to indicate that they are glock mags. In fact to me it seems clear that they are not factory mags but "like the factory originals."

WX2-162197 - 33 - rd. Mag for Glock® 17

Mags for Glock®s with quality like the factory originals, for a lot less!

Ultra-tough polymer with steel lining, matching the original factory excellence. With small holes to reveal how many rounds are left. Each is approx. 8 5/8 x 1 3/8 x 7/8" h. and weighs 4 ozs.

ETA: burt gummer said it better. Now it doesn't look that way but we don't know what you saw back in December.

Also, if you don't want to keep them you can easily sell them here for what you paid for them or list them on gunbroker and likely will profit.

You have to read the fine print and look for Factory Glock or Glock OEM. Generally if its lower priced its a copy from Korea or elsewhere. I have 3 of the copies myself and they work fine in my Keltec Sub 2000. Might be problematical in a Glock 26 as the shorter slide doesn't allow as much time for the round to raise into feeding position but that is just a guess based on other extended magazines and short barrel pistols.

I don't believe those are original Glock mags, but made by PWA (PW Arms).

Supposedly, and by a few reviews, people say they are very good though (well in comparison to some of the other Korean/other copies). Nothing would beat a factory mag though.

Sportman's Guide does not represent them as being factory magazines, or at least NOW they do not -

33 - Rd. Mag For Glock 17 - 556295, 21 - 30 Rounds at Sportsman's Guide

They are in stock and available for purchase now; not just for the people that waiting for backorders.

Online review -

I don't believe that these are PWA. I went and looked at that video review and there is a 'PW' where the glock logo would normally be below the round count holes. Mine doesn't have a 'PW' anywhere.

Their description could be better but to me it doesn't seem to indicate that they are glock mags. In fact to me it seems clear that they are not factory mags but "like the factory originals."

ETA: burt gummer said it better. Now it doesn't look that way but we don't know what you saw back in December.

Also, if you don't want to keep them you can easily sell them here for what you paid for them or list them on gunbroker and likely will profit.

So you are saying it looks like the wrong ones were ordered? This was a (very late) christmas gift from a friend.

Thanks for your help, both of you. If anybody could identify these, it would be much appreciated. I would love to sell this brand new if they are crap, or keep them if they work.

I don't believe that these are PWA. I went and looked at that video review and there is a 'PW' where the glock logo would normally be below the round count holes. Mine doesn't have a 'PW' anywhere.

So you are saying it looks like the wrong ones were ordered? This was a (very late) christmas gift from a friend.

Thanks for your help, both of you. If anybody could identify these, it would be much appreciated. I would love to sell this brand new if they are crap, or keep them if they work.
Looks to me like you got what was ordered. Doesn't look like they were advertised as factory "Glock" mags, just that they were for Glock handguns.

No, sorry I should have said their description doesn't indicate they are Glock factory manufactured magazines. I didn't mean they weren't made for a Glock. I just meant that I don't think you were ripped off, as was mentioned after my post.

They probably will work and that price seems fair for what they probably are. Glock factory manufactured magazines in 33 round are hard to find right now and when you do find them they are pretty expensive. You could always just use those for range magazines and use Glock factory magazines for defense if you aren't confident about those. You can buy some Glock factory 33 round magazines when they are more abundant.

They look just like the KCIs I have. they function just fine after some work on the feed lips and removing all the plastic casting flash inside. Drop free too. Still nowhere near the quality of the factory mags.

I had one of those in .40 cal and 9mm. Loaded them up which was hard as hell! Let them sit for a couple weeks, took them to the range, rounds got hung up like crazy in them, had to knock them against the table to get them to feed right, sold em. I now have Glock Factory mags, have yet to shoot them, but they seem better. They have the Glock logo towards the bottom. I certainly wouldnt have them next to your bed for home defense like I did until I actually shot them.

Somewhere on the item there MUST be a "Made in" XXXX (it's the law) even if there are no "brand" markings. Look at the real Glock mags..they say "made in Austria" right under the Glock logo.

If the mags were made in Korea, they should say so. If they were made in China, they should say so (somewhere).

If there is no "made in" stamp anywhere, they are absolutely fake...and I would ask for my money back. Customs has be confiscating a lot of pure counterfeit goods lately...most coming from China.

Magpuls are also 100 percent fake Colt AR-15 magazines... :)

The OP said he was not a Glock expert so he probably did not know which ones are good and which ones are bad and what the price points are. I have seen some ads that the wording is even more deceptive. My copies work fine on the range but the defense ammo is loaded into a Glock branded magazine. I don't think these companies are like the ripoffs of Eotech and Aimpoint scopes that have been around. MecGar magazines used to be the "fake" magazines, now they come standard with some pistols...

Always look for "factory Glock" or similar terms in the description. As others have mentioned, at under $18 each they were never expected to be the real deal. Years ago $40 each was a normal price for the Glock 18 (33-round 9mm) magazines. And yes, all real Glock magazines will have the logo on the bottom and say "Austria" somewhere on them.

The mags are fake!

fake
/fāk/
Noun
A thing that is not genuine; a forgery or sham.
Adjective
Not genuine; counterfeit.
Verb
Forge or counterfeit (something).
Synonyms
noun. forgery - counterfeit - sham - fraud - imitation
adjective. false - counterfeit - spurious - bogus - sham - dummy
verb. counterfeit - forge - falsify - fabricate - simulate

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show