JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Some here have observed actual civil wars in other countries. This isn't even close. When citizens have to weigh the risks of going to the market to keep their families from starving and facing random sniper fire, or wondering when roving bands of one racial group will force their way into a home, raping the women and children and killing all the males inside without warning or mercy. When we have to convert churchs and schools into orphanages. Then we will know what modern civil war is really like. Civil unrest? Yes, assuredly. Civil war? Umm, no.
Well said!

Hmm, interesting opinion for sure.

Here's the thing though, the roles were not reversed. Because one side doesn't do the block free travel thing.

In my opinion.
Regardless of some people's opinions it is a simple fact that the radicals of the left have caused millions (if not billons) in destruction and damage, have instigated violent "protests" in numerous city's, have violently attacked both citizens and police officers, have infringed on the right of travel for thousands of citizens, have ignored the laws put in place for the common good (a mantra the left uses to push anti-firearms laws), and are essentially lawless anarchists. So essentially conservatives obey the laws and try to not cause the trouble the left does. And the "tough talk" by some conservatives is because many are tired of this lawlessness and the politicians of the left and the leftist media continuing to portray such lawlessness as "peaceful protest". And any violence that has come from conservatives this last year has been as a defense to being assaulted by anarchist thugs. In my opinion defending oneself from violence isn't "trigger happy" but more common sense.

No, that'd be vehicular homicide unless you had a reasonable belief that whomever you were hitting had the intent to do you bodily harm.

Do nothing and use good judgment. BLM "security" may be idiots for walking around in Portland with rifles, but they're not stupid. They know that shooting a civilian passerby, someone not causing trouble, would be a life sentence or trip to to death row and would totally undermine their goals.

The smart thing to do is be quietly pissed off. If the protest is moving, wait: it's no worse than a long train. You'll be able to drive in 10 minutes. If the protest is stationary and you have to be somewhere talk to someone, and ask if you can turn. Be polite. Talk to an older protester if you can. Regardless of what you think or how it's been portrayed by various news outlets, BLM views itself as a peaceful protest movement, and in Portland BLM actively complain about concurrent anarchist violence and vandalism making their movement look bad. This incident occured at a protest in the middle of the city in broad daylight. It's Portland: it's not like somehwere that being white would cause you to stand out and make you a target, because half of the Portland BLM protestors are white folks who are sympathetic. You're not going to get assaulted asking if you can turn around. You might disagree with BLM or whomever is sponsoring the protest, but they're generally not going to mess with someone who's not messing with them. We all have to tolerate someone else's freedoms sometimes despite relative inconvenience.
Yea, those sidewalk diners in Kentucky were really "messing with them".
We have all been negatively impacted by these antics and have done nothing to "mess with" them.

My questions - are these people:

Protesting?
Rioting?
threatening people for no reason?
following the crowd?

My point is what are they now doing ? What is their 'current' goal or objective?
That's easy, at least for the real BLM protesters and not the bubblegum stirrers. They want black people to stop being shot and killed at higher rates than white people during arrests or other interactions with police. They want police to stop assuming that they are more dangerous because of the color of their skin. I suppose until it looks like something is being done about that they're going to keep protesting.

That's easy, at least for the real BLM protesters and not the bubblegum stirrers. They want black people to stop being shot and killed at higher rates than white people during arrests or other interactions with police.
Well, mission accomplished, since that's actually never been true.

But don't let a few pesky facts slow your roll....

That's easy, at least for the real BLM protesters and not the bubblegum stirrers. They want black people to stop being shot and killed at higher rates than white people during arrests or other interactions with police. They want police to stop assuming that they are more dangerous because of the color of their skin. I suppose until it looks like something is being done about that they're going to keep protesting.
Nothing says love and peace like anonymously black clad terrorists carrying weapons terrorizing citizens, sorry if your friends were mistakenly grouped in with others who did these things - but hey, that's how it goes... See, today - all races are directly responsible for the all the actions of everyone in their race's history... so... yeah. Sorry. But, those are the rules now. :) (Doesn't that sound stupid out loud?)

nope.jpeg

What would be the best decision at that point?
I defer to ol' Teddy on that one...

"Speak softly, and carry a big stick."

What that means is "Not lose my cool, and start an (unwinnable) shouting match with those looking to provoke."

"If a battle cannot be won, it is not worth fighting."

- Sun Tzu

Situational awareness is key. One must avoid tunnel-vision. A large crowd can be spotted at a minimum of a block away. I'm not continuing to drive down a street towards a large crowd w/ the hopes of continuing through. I'm pulling a U-Turn. Attempting to drive through such a crowd is a direct provocation, and one must be aware of the potential consequences of making that decision. First and foremost, the demonstrators will feel that they are justified to employ self-defense. At the least, one is likely going to get some damage to their vehicle.

Is it really a point worth making; confronting these protestors in this sort of scenario? (SEE: Sun Tzu's quote above for more reference).

Well then stop resisting arrest, pointing guns at and running from the cops at a higher rate. Black people are only 13% of the population, yet they commit over 50% of the murders. No assumptions about that.

Well then stop resisting arrest, pointing guns at and running from the cops at a higher rate.
A good argument, but you've accepted a falsehood as a truth, and then argued against it. The statistical fact is that in a police interaction white men are at more risk to be killed than black men. That's a tracked statistic and isn't really subject to much wiggle room.

The entire movement is built on a false narrative and a lot of people just buy into it.

A good argument, but you've accepted a falsehood as a truth, and then argued against it. The statistical fact is that in a police interaction white men are at more risk to be killed than black men. That's a tracked statistic and isn't really subject to much wiggle room.

The entire movement is built on a false narrative and a lot of people just buy into it.
"2+2 is 5"
~ Winston Smith

They want black people to stop being shot and killed at higher rates than white people during arrests or other interactions with police.
Looking at this intellectually it makes no sense to direct the protesting of black people being shot at higher rates with the objective of 'police reform' to reduce it.

Given the percentiles of 13% of the population, yet they commit over 50% of the murders previously posted wouldn't it make more sense for the protesters to direct their efforts TOWARD black people to work on reducing that 50% number ?

Protesting police reform is impractical as it is a 'conceptual' idea and does NOTHING to address the reduction of black crime. In effect it puts the 'guilt' unfairly on Law Enforcement.

There would be far less 'black people being shot and killed at higher rates' if the 'black people' were to maybe take on the greater 'responsibility' of reducing their own crime percentages.

Last Edited:
That may be a good observation, however, a 10 round mag fits flush and it's tough if confronted by anyone armed, rifle or pistol to check if there is a mag present, or a round in the chamber, before deciding you're in lethal peril, IMO.
No, they don't fit flush
They stick out about an inch so they can be yanked out in case of malfunction. Having lived in the PRK under SB23 and the 10 round mag laws, I used them myself, and never saw a flush fit magazine in an AR. No one in their right mind would want one.

1620678492160.png

1620678515732.png

Looking at this intellectually it makes no sense to direct the protesting of black people being shot at higher rates with the objective of 'police reform' to reduce it.
It makes as much sense as protesting AOC for her putting toddlers in blenders. Both never happened, so protesting either one is actually an act of idiocy. And yet here we are.

This is only my opinion but it seems to me these rioters are looking to get a rise out of you (this has been said by multiple posters above and in multiple ways so I'm not saying anything new here). Whether for their political agenda, so they can brag to their friends, so they can post on social media, or just for their own entertainment, whatever. They want you to have a reaction. And they want someone they can attack as a mob. One person or even a small group against a mob is a bad situation and not an effective way to fight this.

Dont let these guys have that power over you. Don't give them what they want. I'm not saying don't fight it. But don't fight it in a way that is going to be ineffective,or even worse, further their goals and give them what they want.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads