JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
The civil war is already happening.

Only one political view is accepted, and if you voice your opinion you are attacked and cancelled.

Democrats are doing whatever the hell they want and trying to circumvent the constitution.

You are persecuted for the wrong crime and found guilty, because mobs demand it.

You have a group of armed people blocking roads, pointing their firearms at people, assaulting people, robbing people, all without consequence, and when the police show up, they ask the victims what they did to aggravate the aggressors!

One racial group is attacking another racial group but this is being ignored, because only one of the racial groups is politically profitable.

Some of you say another civil war is not impossible. Well, it is possible, and it is happening. Just because states haven't seceded, or great armies haven't met on the field, you can't say this isn't a civil war. You have two sides, and battles are being fought in our cities and state capitals.

This is only the beginning.

You have two sides, and battles are being fought in our cities and state capitals.
Okay. Which cities? So far... as far as I can tell?
Right now its Portland, Oregon. Not sure if other cities are dealing with the same sort of continous rioting/protesting/destruction that Portland has endured so far... and... really, lets just say Oregon alone. Portland is not the only city :rolleyes: Salem, Eugene, those two haven't had much.. sure a few small ones but not on the scale that people say Portland is, and if other members in the area says that even Portland is mostly intact, just a very small, specific area thats impacted?
Well. Its no worse than the 1960s race riots and bombings. Its no worse than the abortion clinic bombings. Sure, we're in a Cold Civil War, but we've been in one since the 1960s IMO.... gotten worse in the 90s and 2000s but... the people involved in the 60s are now the "leaders" and teachers and so on... teaching/spewing the exact same sort of beliefs. Outside the myopic areas of concern... life goes on largely the same as it was, with some differences due to Covid. It is however looking like the media is trying to whip up a similar thing to the Ireland Troubles (keeping people divided and hateful towards each other)

The Oregon I grew up in had zero "NO GO Zones".

I would suggest we already have an occupying force, and we are too damned dumb to see it. (Collective "WE", meaning all of us, in total. NWFA members, gun owners, people that love America, and even Turbovanner's friends).

Okay. Which cities? So far... as far as I can tell?
Right now its Portland, Oregon. Not sure if other cities are dealing with the same sort of continous rioting/protesting/destruction that Portland has endured so far... and... really, lets just say Oregon alone. Portland is not the only city :rolleyes: Salem, Eugene, those two haven't had much.. sure a few small ones but not on the scale that people say Portland is, and if other members in the area says that even Portland is mostly intact, just a very small, specific area thats impacted?
Well. Its no worse than the 1960s race riots and bombings. Its no worse than the abortion clinic bombings. Sure, we're in a Cold Civil War, but we've been in one since the 1960s IMO.... gotten worse in the 90s and 2000s but... the people involved in the 60s are now the "leaders" and teachers and so on... teaching/spewing the exact same sort of beliefs. Outside the myopic areas of concern... life goes on largely the same as it was, with some differences due to Covid. It is however looking like the media is trying to whip up a similar thing to the Ireland Troubles (keeping people divided and hateful towards each other)
Minneapolis, Chicago, Seattle, people attacked in the streets in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles.

This is worse than the race riots, this is worse than abortion clinics bombings, this is worse than anything in the past. You have an entire political ideology encouraging it, feeding it, instigating it. You have teachers, you have the media, you politicians.

As far as civil war goes, it is not as straight forward as bodies in the neighborhood streets, but rather the media hoping people forget the farce known as the 2020 election process where we are asked to ignore the fact a mumbling geriatric and his &$@@!€ VP garnered more votes than any POTUS in history....an administration who gets 10x more youtube downvotes than upvotes on every single video....and those who swore an oath to the Constitution and could have done something about the fraud, just sat back and let it happen.

In Florida yes, in OR it's a tough choice.
I'm not willing to have my family die in a hail of bullets when we could have been verbally abused and had the car scratched a bit. Just so I could make a point. If flattening some people attempting to kidnap us seems the lowest risk course, then sure, that's what to do.

I'm all about minimizing personal and familial risk here.

By my count, 101+ killed, thousands injured, property damages very high... versus these last two years of riots in which.. I haven't seen many reports of how many dead other than those shot by Kyle, the Capitol cop who died Jan 6th, and a few others... ?? I still say the 1960s were a worse time in American History; and that we are still suffering the consequences from that era, especially as the "leaders" and politicians who were around at that time, are still around.

I haven't seen many reports of how many dead other than those shot by Kyle, the Capitol cop who died Jan 6th, and a few others... ??
A bunch, they're just not reported. Look at murders in those locales during the riots as opposed to historical data - they can't hide those aggregate statistics as easily.

This series should be interesting:
What is it that could possibly make Portland unique to Oregon's other cities? No stories titled, Is Lake Oswego over? Is Tigard over? Is Wilsonville over? I guess I'll have to wait for the super in depth deep dive study to find out about Portland.

You have a group of armed people blocking roads, pointing their firearms at people, assaulting people, robbing people, all without consequence, and when the police show up, they ask the victims what they did to aggravate the aggressors!
"Guess I shouldn't have worn that short skirt, officer."

Again the governor has not come out to condemn these thugs with their weapons of war taking over our streets. I've seen her teary eyed speeches at the mear thought of people with guns. It appears she actually doesn't have a problem with. Has she been lying all along?

She has been, in my opinion. I can't justify this behavior from anyone. If a so called pro gun group was blocking drivers in or threatening people in public I would readily call them out as well. I wonder how many SWAT calls in 2021 compared to 2017? Back when PDX was just a loony Bin.

Some here have observed actual civil wars in other countries. This isn't even close. When citizens have to weigh the risks of going to the market to keep their families from starving and facing random sniper fire, or wondering when roving bands of one racial group will force their way into a home, raping the women and children and killing all the males inside without warning or mercy. When we have to convert churchs and schools into orphanages. Then we will know what modern civil war is really like. Civil unrest? Yes, assuredly. Civil war? Umm, no.

My questions - are these people:

Protesting?
Rioting?
threatening people for no reason?
following the crowd?

My point is what are they now doing ? What is their 'current' goal or objective?

Suppose you can't get clear, forward or backward, without running over people?

Do you just floor it, and hope the guys with rifles don't start shooting?
No, that'd be vehicular homicide unless you had a reasonable belief that whomever you were hitting had the intent to do you bodily harm.

Do nothing and use good judgment. BLM "security" may be idiots for walking around in Portland with rifles, but they're not stupid. They know that shooting a civilian passerby, someone not causing trouble, would be a life sentence or trip to to death row and would totally undermine their goals.

The smart thing to do is be quietly pissed off. If the protest is moving, wait: it's no worse than a long train. You'll be able to drive in 10 minutes. If the protest is stationary and you have to be somewhere talk to someone, and ask if you can turn. Be polite. Talk to an older protester if you can. Regardless of what you think or how it's been portrayed by various news outlets, BLM views itself as a peaceful protest movement, and in Portland BLM actively complain about concurrent anarchist violence and vandalism making their movement look bad. This incident occured at a protest in the middle of the city in broad daylight. It's Portland: it's not like somehwere that being white would cause you to stand out and make you a target, because half of the Portland BLM protestors are white folks who are sympathetic. You're not going to get assaulted asking if you can turn around. You might disagree with BLM or whomever is sponsoring the protest, but they're generally not going to mess with someone who's not messing with them. We all have to tolerate someone else's freedoms sometimes despite relative inconvenience.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads