JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Oh Portland...

"As officers arrived they did not find any pedestrians who claimed to have been struck. The large group had moved away, still walking in nearby streets, some openly carrying firearms. Officers remained in the area searching for anyone who may have been injured and to collect evidence and information."

Nothing about questioning anyone in the group openly carrying weapons. As they arrive on a "Suspects with guns on scene" call.

Oh Portland...

"As officers arrived they did not find any pedestrians who claimed to have been struck. The large group had moved away, still walking in nearby streets, some openly carrying firearms. Officers remained in the area searching for anyone who may have been injured and to collect evidence and information."

Nothing about questioning anyone in the group openly carrying weapons. As they arrive on a "Suspects with guns on scene" call.
Open carry is illegal in Portland without a CHL - should card the lot of them. Good for the goose etc.

But the police are not really incentivized to enforce the law in the city.

Open carry is illegal in Portland without a CHL - should card the lot of them. Good for the goose etc.

But the police are not really incentivized to enforce the law in the city.
Because the whole point is get the 'Not-A-Wacko-Anarchist-Commie' folks to take the law into their hands. Then they can justify doing what they are planning on doing. Don't give them the satisfaction. Stay safe.

Dash Cam.
That's it.
Imagine the optics that affords the poor victim. Driver goes along and is stopped in his tracks by converging vehicles with blacked out tags... Immediately is approached and surrounded by an armed gang with long guns.
Punches the throttle and goes Mad Max trying to escape. Who would blame him? Be great video and I'm sure there would be a big 'ol gofundme for a new rig.

Joking aside... Floridians who just won the very right to escape such encounters in just that way - are rejoicing and pointing at this as a shining example. Many states are following their lead, too.
Pretty sure Florida "protests" stick to the curb like glue these days...
So - I guess we're helping to keep Florida safer by example.

"Justifiable Fearfulness"

Last Edited:
Oh Portland...

Wish I could draw. There is a great cartoon dying to get out on this.

cops.jpg

Blank template

Did he circle back like Petanski? I thought being blocked in with long guns aimed at you is still an immediate deadly threat.
He had open road ahead of him and stopped, he then got out of his truck and proceeded to advance on the mob with his firearm in hand. Not sure why he felt inclined to do that but it was a bad move.

He had open road ahead of him and stopped, he then got out of his truck and proceeded to advance on the mob with his firearm in hand. Not sure why he felt inclined to do that but it was a bad move.
By then his tires were flat I'm guessing. In one of the videos I heard at least two get punctured.

You can drive a ways on flat tires.
Good thing we don't have a duty to retreat. He didn't like having rifles pointed at him.
Not my play - but it was his. He had enough - nearly 3 minutes of high octane adrenaline coursing through your veins does whack things to a person.
Trucks destroyed (His poor horse.) and he's pissed.

Or not. If it weren't for his story no one would know of these sunts.

View attachment 880303
His version in the story doesn't quite match what we all witnessed on the video.

It seems like he was more concerned about being trapped in his truck with guns pointed at him. He knew he can't drive faster than bullets. Getting out was reasonable but pointing his gun when several guns are already pointing at you is a bad decision.

That may be a good observation, however, a 10 round mag fits flush and it's tough if confronted by anyone armed, rifle or pistol to check if there is a mag present, or a round in the chamber, before deciding you're in lethal peril, IMO.
Good point. I am not making any judgements about how a participant in that incident may have perceived danger to themselves or others, or how they would have been justified in reacting one way or another. I just pointed out that as an after-the-fact observer, looking at the video, there did not appear to be a magazine in the weapon. Some folks seem to have read alot more into my post than was intended.

Last Edited:
These escalating armed roadblocks are entirely intended to cause a defensive shooting... even possibly to attract some individual(s) to seek then out and confront them. The fact that there will be NO law enforcement is understood as an official endorsement. It will continue, until a "correct somebody" is killed by a "correct somebody" !

These "practise roadblocks" are also a way to buy time, because BLM/Antifa are desperately trying to find a member that isn't a privileged, rich, white kid. They want to find a POC member that will agree to get shot and martyred for the cause.... but.... they may need to import one from a turd-world country... or Chicago.

These escalating armed roadblocks are entirely intended to cause a defensive shooting... even possibly to attract some individual(s) to seek then out and confront them. The fact that there will be NO law enforcement is understood as an official endorsement. It will continue, until a "correct somebody" is killed by a "correct somebody" !

These "practise roadblocks" are also a way to buy time, because BLM/Antifa are desperately trying to find a member that isn't a privileged, rich, white kid. They want to find a POC member that will agree to get shot and martyred for the cause.... but.... they may need to import one from a turd-world country... or Chicago.
It's only a matter of time. It seems there was a similar event in Plano, TX, with someone in the BLM crowd drawing on an infuriated motorist. Sooner or later, somewhere, sometime...

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads