JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
It's not new. It's just new, here. Hundreds of murders happened for decades in Compton, Watts, Chicago ect. But this is not drug or gang related, yet. And it's in a mixed demographic opposed to the others which were largely black/brown. As with those murders being not near 99% of America, most people don't care or see it as real. You can fly into PDX and drive 4hrs to Bend and not be affected. What is all the fuss about? Unless you live here or in some other flash point.
There's no difference between PDX and Chicago in terms of who holds political power, and in how much crime and violence seems to be coming up. The only quantifiable difference is that PDX has more.. "white/mixed on white violence" :rolleyes: and that somehow.. that's more sign of a "civil war" when you've had decades of gang violence and black on black crimes/murders and a culture of glorifying thugness/gang violence and tribalism?

Outside PDX, life is going on as usual it seems. There hasn't been any significantly violent events outside of Salem and PDX... and that's just one State. If there be widespread, nationwide spate of similar political violence... then we can discuss the implications. Until then.... I choose to believe that its no worse than the 1960s race riots in certain cities and not impacting the rest of the nation realistically, other than making bloviating statements of how the Nation is going to the hot place in a handbasket.

Not really meant to be insulting.
Not at all and you are largely in part correct on the good job & retirement however there are other 'elements' to his life which may have influenced his ultra-lib position.

He has a very odd outlook on most things. We were recently discussing new recipes and told him I might be experimenting with a couple rabbits soon as a neighbor lady has several eating up her garden and I was going shoot them.

He thought this was 'horrible' as rabbits 'are somewhat intelligent and can be domesticated' (his words) and that he mostly avoids eating pork for the same reason.

He thought this was 'horrible' as rabbits 'are somewhat intelligent and can be domesticated' (his words) and that he mostly avoids eating pork for the same reason.
Clearly never had a milking cow ....

Tell him cats taste like rabbit except they have long tails. That's what grandma said.

Last Edited:
While you might right , there's an old adage investors like to use which applies here . "

Past Performance Is No Guarantee of Future Results

I guess it really depends on whether or not Joe six pack , is going to continue to be able to get his six pack and watch ESPN unabated .

There's no difference between PDX and Chicago in terms of who holds political power, and in how much crime and violence seems to be coming up. The only quantifiable difference is that PDX has more.. "white/mixed on white violence" :rolleyes: and that somehow.. that's more sign of a "civil war" when you've had decades of gang violence and black on black crimes/murders and a culture of glorifying thugness/gang violence and tribalism?

Outside PDX, life is going on as usual it seems. There hasn't been any significantly violent events outside of Salem and PDX... and that's just one State. If there be widespread, nationwide spate of similar political violence... then we can discuss the implications. Until then.... I choose to believe that its no worse than the 1960s race riots in certain cities and not impacting the rest of the nation realistically, other than making bloviating statements of how the Nation is going to the hot place in a handbasket.

Not at all and you are largely in part correct on the good job & retirement however there are other 'elements' to his life which may have influenced his ultra-lib position.

He has a very odd outlook on most things. We were recently discussing new recipes and told him I might be experimenting with a couple rabbits soon as a neighbor lady has several eating up her garden and I was going shoot them.

Wow
Unregulated rabbits can overtake a suburban neighborhood in months.
Burrowing gnawing and outright eating into the thousands of dollars in property damage.

I say rabbit tacos for everyone.

One is allowed to defend another as I understand from harm. If the perpetrators were somehow subdued. I posted a similar thread and live in that area. Someone else posted the man made the mistake of getting out of the truck. One option I have seen is to drive straight through.
The guy was already through the mob when he decided to reengage with the mob. Bad move imho.

Unregulated rabbits can overtake a suburban neighborhood in months.
They have in one area of where I live! And being more 'rural' than suburban they have plenty of room to run !

NOW - I didn't tell him these rabbits were not indigenous but were some sort of 'domestic' types that have been left free to roam and have become feral. Otherwise he would have probably started hyperventilating in between trying to tell me how 'they have a right to live' and probably would have gone off on a long rant of how I should 'trap' them and all sorts of weird and unrealistic things to do with them.

They have in one area of where I live! And being more 'rural' than suburban they have plenty of room to run !

NOW - I didn't tell him these rabbits were not indigenous but were some sort of 'domestic' types that have been left free to roam and have become feral. Otherwise he would have probably started hyperventilating in between trying to tell me how 'they have a right to live' and probably would have gone off on a long rant of how I should 'trap' them and all sorts of weird and unrealistic things to do with them.
They get out .
Almost always, domestic rabbits get out. Read most HOAs and you will find this is a well known problem.

It's like the morons who dump a metric ton of cat food in an exposed, back porch feeding apparatus. This invariably leads to a raccoon explosion.

EDIT
Sitting myself in time out for thread drift.

8 drive bys with a total of over 200 + rounds fired in my neighborhood (15 block radius) in just this year alone.
30 rounds in the apartment building just 3 blocks away in January. Random guy shot last week just walking up the street a block away.
Hooligans are feeling the more emboldened than ever now. And rightfully so. LEO are now non-existent and its settling in now.

Quif, banter and discount what's going on here all you want - much appreciated. :s0155:
Its more serious than you could possibly know... you know - without living here.
Glad you liked Portlandia. Now try World War Z.
Normal city stuff except for the stupid pointless protesting . That drive by crap was going on 25 years ago when I lived there. Portland is just a punchline any more.

I get 1-2 on my porch a week. Dead or almost dead. The killing machine does a good job with them.

mC9d8H.jpg

Yea my 'killing machine' did a pretty good job on them as well, along with everything else - until last summer when she most likely had a stroke and I had to have her 'put down'....
IMG_1417[1].JPG
This was unfortunately her 'last day' - she had gone blind and was mostly unresponsive...
IMG_2093[1].JPG

Last Edited:
My point is there is no magazine in that weapon. That's all.
That may be a good observation, however, a 10 round mag fits flush and it's tough if confronted by anyone armed, rifle or pistol to check if there is a mag present, or a round in the chamber, before deciding you're in lethal peril, IMO.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top