JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi

I'm trying to echange +/- 2700 small rifle primers by exchanging for small pistol.

I've encountered a couple people on NWFA who are trading, but they always balk when I tell them that the primers are blue.

What's up is that several years ago a bunch of primers fell out of their sleeves and I couldn't tell SPP from SRP. Had to throw a bunch out.

Since then, whenever I get rifle primers I pop open the sleeve and run over them with a blue sharpie. I was under the impression that this was a fairly standard procedure and wouldn't affect the primers performance at all.

BUT no one seems to want them.

Am I missing something? I can't imagine how this would damage the primers, but....?

primers.jpg

Some guys who shoot competitions and reload their own ammo either do the same thing you are doing or mark the bullet base so they can track their own brass (which they collect after the day).

There is nothing wrong with doing what you are doing at all.

Seems funny somebody would reject that notion.

I'm sure it is pretty clear they have been marked and probably evident of such.

Could always load them in your non-striker fired pistol rounds.

^^ and for the record,that's my t-shirt slogan. Back off everyone else. :0)

To keep on thread topic, I think people are being silly about the blue marker. Perhaps they are concerned that you touched the active side in the process? Just guessing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top