JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
FRESNO – On Monday, September 11, 2017, Southwest Officers Yessie Hernandez and Gilberto Quezada from the Fresno Police Department were conducting crime suppression patrol in the area of White and Warren Avenues. They saw a Recreational Vehicle illegally parked in a dirt lot near this intersection and decided to do a patrol check on the vehicle.

<broken link removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this was a cas of poor writing. The article says the "butt stock" was removed. The picture shows the barreled action "sans furnature, magazine, and stock". I'm just wondering if the way that is all described is confusing. I'm willing to bet the stock was cutt-off or maybe it was a folder with the folding stock portion removed.

I think this was a cas of poor writing. The article says the "butt stock" was removed. The picture shows the barreled action "sans furnature, magazine, and stock". I'm just wondering if the way that is all described is confusing. I'm willing to bet the stock was cutt-off or maybe it was a folder with the folding stock portion removed.

Not a Leo, but I've never hear of evidence being altered the way you describe. I get the impression she was in possession of the barreled action. If it was cut down, I figure it would be preserved on the way it was found.

I suppose if she was using it in the state of being a barreled action, then maybe?

Not a Leo, but I've never hear of evidence being altered the way you describe. I get the impression she was in possession of the barreled action. If it was cut down, I figure it would be preserved on the way it was found.

I suppose if she was using it in the state of being a barreled action, then maybe?

I just couldn't get over the writting. It just sounded funny to me.

"The rifle was a Ruger .22 caliber rifle, which had been modified by having the butt stock removed."

Modified. It had been f'ing "modified":s0114:

"It was determined that the rifle was an illegal short barreled rifle."

I didnt know taking the stock off a firearm effected the length of its barrel.

Every day i think more and more - maybe alex jones was right about fluoride

I don't know... "legit bust" seems subject to interpretation.

leg.jpg

She was also busted for possessing "composite knuckles"?? and a narcotics charge. Typical
is to pile on any charge they can---even if it is a bit dubious.

The gun charge is technically legit. It is a functional firearm in that configuration, and it is under the
NFA overall length minimum of 26 inches. Same charge they tried with Randy Weaver---too short OAL.

She had it in her hand, then tried to hide it. They might even make it stick given the circumstances.
If it were on a table, stock at hand with a cleaning kit in evidence? Probably a whole different outcome.

If she legally owned it and it was unloaded, that shouldn't be considered a illegal firearm. Even in Ca you have to take a 10/22 out of its stock at some point. What law says how long it ican stay out? She doesn't sound like citizen of the Year but 100% Fresno has much bigger problems. This arrest is a joke.

It is legal per federal law as federal OAL criteria is with the firearm in its intended shooting configuration. That is why you can have a rifle with a folding stock that is less than 26" OAL with the stock folded.

I do not know Calif. law, but I bet it is close enough to federal law that the charge on the rifle will be thrown out - especially if she gets a lawyer that is savvy about guns and gun laws.

More so because it is a barreled action (assuming that was how they found it), otherwise every time someone takes a rifle out of a stock for cleaning/etc., they would be breaking the law. And yes, you can leave it out permanently - we've all seen barreled actions for sale in gun shows, and for sale online. :rolleyes:

As to whether the arrest is bogus - probably not - just because a charge can be thrown out doesn't make it bogus. The article is bogus though.

Off topic, but my first 10/22 decades ago I traded from a friend for a box of '06 ammo. It had a barrel chopped to less than a foot, and a RamLine folding stock with the folding part broken off.

Before I took possession the barrel was removed and thrown away, and the stock removed. He thought it was a cool gun that was fun to shoot; I was worried to have it in my house. Funny thing is a Ruger Charger is basically the same gun but totally legal.

I put it back together with a new stock and barrel, then some thief stole it out of my truck in '99.

So dumb hypothetical, Say I'm cleaning my Ruger 10/22, which involves removing the magazine, barrel band, and stock, and then I set it on my bench because I have to go do something else and I have the barreled action sitting on my bench.

Is that against CA law? Am I not allowed to break my rifle down for cleaning in that state?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top