JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not buying guns is exactly what they want you to do.

If I was an Oregonian I would be purchasing a gun online TONIGHT, go to SW tomorrow for the background check, everybody there needs to purchase a gun tomorrow.

Headline
"One million guns being held hostage by new Oregon law"

Get this BS on the national news.
BOOM
just like that another national Democrat inspired Gun Rush.

Not buying guns is exactly what they want you to do.

If I was an Oregonian I would be purchasing a gun online TONIGHT, go to SW tomorrow for the background check, everybody there needs to purchase a gun tomorrow.
fwiw lots of us have been saying this since July. I'm sure it's been said over 100 times, likely more. Not sure how many people heard it though.

Fe 618EF473-A67E-4501-BCE5-81C3C0B768A2.jpeg

Last Edited:
And what if you purchase a gun with two fifteen round magazines now but they won't release it until after the 8th?

Refund or they keep the mags?

Since this has passed this part coming up is as good as it could get. Crime will continue to get worse. Police will continue to do less due to how they are treated. Hopefully the state will drag its feet and not set up the system to let people buy. So every time someone who voted for this by just not bothering to vote walks in to buy and is told no? They can enjoy what they voted for as they stomp their feet and look for someone else to blame. Maybe this will wake some up? Nothing else ever seems to be enough. :s0092:

I bought the five set with smaller boxes. A small one fits three loose boxes of double ought. However when all the boxes are full the tray is heavy for an old man.
I got 2900 rds of 7.62x39 into a clear , cheap plastic tote. I moved it maybe 15 feet from the car to the basement. Thought it might crack. I thought my spine might too.
I took 3 trips moving it up the 2 flights of stairs.

I wonder if even a large outfit like Sportsmans will survive with just archery camping and fishing sales. Then they are just another Dicks . Cabela's seem to have a much larger selection in those areas. What will those stores do with all the extra shelf and floor space? I forsee a large trickle down of lost jobs looming in the future.

And what if you purchase a gun with two fifteen round magazines now but they won't release it until after the 8th?

Refund or they keep the mags?

Northwest Armory was opening up the gun cases on new firearm purchases and letting you take standard capacity magazines home with you in case the bgc takes longer than the 8th. They are really doing the Lord's work over there!!!

I hope the cutoff gets pushed out to Jan 1st or 180 days. It's sad watching your state screw your rights over and then places like sportsman's and TCGC take a hard stance on this before they have any information or direction.

So now that Congress has passed the Safer Communities Act and the people of Oregon have passed the Gun Violence Reduction Act, our communities are safer and gun violence will be reduced, so there is no further need for any more gun laws, right?

/sarc off
The news media will do their duty and stop reporting all the "gun violence" and just report normal type violence. :p

Just one person's most humble opinion - with such a terribly conceived and written initiative and laws, companies are having to make decisions, with painfully little information, on what to do without the state imposing draconian penalties. Would think this might not be the best time to be eating our own. I'm sure companies don't want to have hundreds of guns in the que and then the overlords of Oregon make some type of arbitrary decision (what are the chances...sarc/off). Finding way to support businesses might be a better focus. Most respectfully.

I suspect LGS would love to sell all they can right now before the permit system. Selling now allows them to ride out the wait and they might stay in business. Waiting six months for a system I doubt they can last on local sales so they will have to sell on gun broker or such.

Bad deal for the customer is if this drags out then gun and money may be tied up for months.

Something to think about; we all knew what was coming (potentially), so if they were smart, those LGS's should have diversified somewhat into other items; parts, accessories, support equipment, etc. and not depended strictly on selling 'guns'. that way, they could potentially 'weather the storm' rather than fold.

Something to think about; we all knew what was coming (potentially), so if they were smart, those LGS's should have diversified somewhat into other items; parts, accessories, support equipment, etc. and not depended strictly on selling 'guns'. that way, they could potentially 'weather the storm' rather than fold.
Just a point of view and not saying I am right. Without guns as the big draw the local gun store can't compete with on line sales now because of fuel cost. Folks will buy the little stuff delivered rather than burn gas and time.

What happened to the 3 day rule? I've been placed on hold once or twice before and my dealer (now retired) used to tell me, "come back after 3 days and it's yours..."

If that's a rule, why don't more FFL's honor that? Just curious if someone knows more about this.

What happened to the 3 day rule? I've been placed on hold once or twice before and my dealer (now retired) used to tell me, "come back after 3 days and it's yours..."

If that's a rule, why don't more FFL's honor that? Just curious if someone knows more about this.
How do you know they don't? But I've got to say that in the oregon we live in today, and for the last two years, and even before that as the dems were running or state/big cities into the ground, you'd have to be out of your mind as an FFL to release a gun to someone you don't know well. And I DON'T blame them for not doing it!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top