JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
not that great... 35lbs is about 2-3k rounds. Go to most ranges, they will sell you brass all day for $2/lb. Which would be $70, not the 150 that guy is charging...

For this price I would expect sized, deprimed, cleaned and primer pocket reamed.

I don't think that's a bad buy at all. It's about $60 per K shipped. Polishing that many takes a long time unless you have a huge tumbler. My average sized tumbler will hold only about 300 of those.

Get a harbor freight cement mixer. That's how the big boys do it. I typically add a 5gal bucket full of .223 brass to about 1.5 buckets of tumbling media. You can also buy tumbling media at places that sell blasting and finishing medias, usually it's about $20 for a 50lb sack of media, beats the crap out of buying it from midway or one of the places that sell it for tumbling cases. Also, stick with dillon case polish, the waxes in it do a great job of keeping the case from tarnishing soon after tumbling (problem i always had with frankford arsenal polish). Instead of re-charging with tumbling media every time, add a few tablespoons of mineral spirits, this refreshes the media and brings the waxes to the surface to coat the casings.

Some people recommend the ground corncob bird litter... be very careful as this stuff will get stuck in rifle casings. The grit you want is either 12-20 (sometimes 14-20) or 20-40 (which is what I like, it's about the consistency of sugar).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top