JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Essentially you will be able to get a concealed carry permit from a "shall issue" state and visit ridiculous places like Chicago, NYC, California, etc. without getting disarmed. That is a very important benefit that I would hate to see buried.

I'll do stricter BG checks as long as there's no registry requirement, and I can carry across state lines. The goal of the libs right now is to make laws so convoluted with stuff penalties that it deters people from owning guns. This would be a good first step, and better yet would piss Chicago and NY off :)

I won't take a one-sided compromise where we give, and they don't. But running a BG check before selling a firearm doesn't strike me as overly cumbersome, as long there's no way to compile a list. A two way compromise that doesn't ban what we own, and extend our rights isn't a bad thing.

Just how do you PROVE a proper transfer was done without registration?

Do you think this will stop criminals who do not follow ALL the laws???????

I document all firearms I sell. I get a signature and a xerox of the purchasers license, and write down the serial and make of the firearm with the date. If the guns used in a crime, I have no problem handing that persons information over.

In this case is feel even better because then I'd know the person I sold to wasn't a felon. Once again, I'd have a copy of the BG check, the date, their signature, Xerox of their license, and I'd have a copy of the serial and make of the gun.

I don't have a problem with that process. It allows us to defer responsibility for the firearm, and precludes them from creating a registry. If they want to track the gun down, they can, which again, to me, is fine. We have to stop them from creating a live registry where they know who has hat and when.

You can not take information like that, be willing to happily turn it over if asked, and not call it registration.

I like FTF because of anonymity, I think there are a majority of people here that feel the same way. If I was ever asked for a BOS, or anything other than showing my licence or CHL for proof of residence, I would walk away. I don't like my name on paper with a serial number.

All you are doing is helping the government register the guns. They don't need to know where any of them are, but unfortunately do.

Exactly. Give a little bit now and registration will surely follow in the not to distant future.

Don't buy into these "reasonable" or "common sense" gun laws, they are just the first step in a much bigger plan.

In regards to the original question: I keep saying this, repeal all the stupid 2A infringements already on the books, wait for natural selection to kick in, and put this country back in the hands of the people.

No more compromise, no more giving, no more laws.

You can not take information like that, be willing to happily turn it over if asked, and not call it registration.

I like FTF because of anonymity, I think there are a majority of people here that feel the same way. If I was ever asked for a BOS, or anything other than showing my licence or CHL for proof of residence, I would walk away. I don't like my name on paper with a serial number.

All you are doing is helping the government register the guns. They don't need to know where any of them are, but unfortunately do.

This seems shady to me. Too easy to sell to a felon like that. If you did this I would reasonably believe you were not legal to own a firearm.

I have a CHL and will show it or my license...But I will not allow copies to be made...That is what I was trying to say and failed.

Ah, yeah. More reasonable. If I sell a firearm and the person has a CHL I am good with the transaction.

My problem with 100% BGCs is that it FORCES the ATF to make a national gun registry. If you were the last person to own a gun according to BATFE, and that gun is used in a crime. They are going to come to you. Either 1) they will assume you did it or 2) you will be charged for selling the gun illegally. There is NO WAY POSSIBLE this will not be a de facto registry.

Essentially you will be able to get a concealed carry permit from a "shall issue" state and visit ridiculous places like Chicago, NYC, California, etc. without getting disarmed. That is a very important benefit that I would hate to see buried.
Well, you can bet that those places will ignore the law or pass their own to negate it.

That's the problem, Obummer has already stated that it can't be done without registration. So, they pass a law with no registration and Obummer signs an Executive Order saying "Well, they forgot the registration so this'll add it", then one saying, "well, we've got the data now lets keep it forever"

That's the problem, Obummer has already stated that it can't be done without registration. So, they pass a law with no registration and Obummer signs an Executive Order saying "Well, they forgot the registration so this'll add it", then one saying, "well, we've got the data now lets keep it forever"

An Executive Order still has to be approved by Congress in 60 days or it expires.

Are the proposed BGC "stricter" or simply more wide spread?

In regards to the original question: I keep saying this, repeal all the stupid 2A infringements already on the books, wait for natural selection to kick in, and put this country back in the hands of the people.

No more compromise, no more giving, no more laws.

Good luck with that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads