JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In my not too humble opinion there is no "bad time" to buy silver, whether as a money making investment or as a hedge against destruction of the dollar. As an investment to earn dollars you might consider the fact that when silver does appreciate it is generally in response to a declining dollar. My own preference is to buy a certain amount (1 oz. rounds or silver eagles) every month and store it in the gun safe. I consider it a hedge against the destruction of the dollar. Also keep in mind that the gold/silver markets are manipulated. In the Weimar Republic before WWII citizens there were burning Marks for heat as it was cheaper than buying firewood. A loaf of bread cost about 1-3 million Marks. That's inflation brother.

If they call it a tax they can do anything.
Taxes generally have to be voted on.

Oregon has limits on how fast property taxes can be increased.

Taxes still wouldn't change how much I owe the bank.

If super inflation hits the USD, I still only owe X amount on my property (the only debt I have). My property has appreciated and the taxes have gone up, but by law they can only go up so much - the assessed tax value can only go up by 3% per year.

It may seem contradictory, but in a super inflationary period, I really doubt that property values will appreciate very much; people will not be going out and buying houses in that scenario; they will be spending their money on food and other necessities, keeping what they have.

Silver hit $19.75 today.

Who was it on this forum that was claiming silver would be down to $8 oz. by this time in 2016? Fess up....you know who you are...:D

E

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top