JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anything with a Z, X, R, F or S in the name will get the hose from the insurance company.

I got hosed over the letters HD, too.

I won't ride an uninsured motorcycle. So I got my quote all set up, paid cash for a used scoot, then phoned Nationwide (who also covered my car, truck and import bike) to add the VIN and activate the plan. Only then did they start gagging and deny me coverage, because it was a Harley. Thanks for the heads up!

To be fair, this was more than a couple years ago and they may have revised that clause since then.

Point is, do some thorough research first, so you're not left standing in a stranger's driveway (in a bad part of town), forced to decide if you ride uninsured right now, or leave it there until you can set something up.

Ohhhh... Progressive all the way. i had several (i think4) points on my record. I purchased a 2006 636 ninja brand new in 06. insurance has only cost me 400 for six months(it actually might have been a year). Here is the key, i had personal medical insurance through my work and was able to waive medical on my bike policy. it dropped the cost of insurance 100 bucks a month. i was hit by a car 2 months into the policy(3rd year of riding) and stopped riding and Progressive called and asked if i planned on riding the rest of the year and i said no. they then voluntarily refunded the prorated amount for the rest of the year.

I still have State Farm on my cars and house - I haven't moved my policies up here yet for 2 reasons - one is that my homeowners is on my house in CA and I get the multi line discount and 2 - my wife had told a doctor that she had passed out a few years ago and they reported it to DMV down there who did a medical suspension of her license until she had a series of tests done - cardio work up and neuro work up. She had the tests done and had her doc sign off on the DMV paperwork - turned it in and got her license back - when she went to get her WA license CA had failed to clear the medical hold from the computer even though they sent her a new license. Sooo now that her medical has kicked in we have to wait until she gets all of the tests done again up here before WA will issue her a license - or if I change the policies to up here they will exclude her from coverage.

My agent down in CA was a motorcycle guy himself so he always hooked me up with the best deal he could on my bike. He did say that in CA they won't insure you just on a bike - you have to have another auto policy or multi line (home, life, etc) for them to insure your bike. As this is a different region they may have different policy requirements than down south.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top