JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Prices are sky rocketing of Ammo and anything assault rifle related. At the gun show today I saw some of the highest ammo prices I have ewer seen, I saw people buying cases of ammo like there would never be any more ever......

Prices on AR's where up at least 25% and I actually saw a couple of SKS for $499.

And for the first time ever Ammoman.com is sold out of 45acp Ammo.

So here is the million dollar question

Is this just a bubble and is the concern for our unknown future creating a false demand for ammo and hardware? I hate throwing money away by buying now but waiting could cost me even more :confused:.

I think it's a bubble and most likely temporary, but I definitely think people are smart to prepare for the worst.

People will start to run out of money..........give it a another month or so.

By spring, we should see prices back down the way they should be. But if there's a hint of an upcoming firearms ban of some kind, watch it start all over again.

If you don't reload now, START RELOADING.

An increase in reloading and a decrease in factory ammo buyers will drive pull the prices down (maybe).

OR

You will be prepared for a 100% federal excise tax on firearms and ammunition.

So, to answer your question, the light at the end of the tunnel is the best reloading kit you can afford, a five-gallon bucket of wheel weights stashed in the woodshed, and a closet full of Win 231 (well, Win 231 is the powder I use for .357, .38, and 9mm).

It's artificial. The deals are out there. I just bought 760 round of 8mm Mauser for $200 free shipping. 7.62x54r is still available in quantity for 18 cents per round. You just have to keep an eye out on the deals and buy when the price is right.

I am currenlty setup and relaoding 10mm and .45, I only have a Single stage RCBS its slow but it gets the job done. I can load about 100 per hour.

I am slowly building up my raw materials supply
bought a few thousnad large pistol primers for $25/per 1000 I was looking for some bullets at the show but they wanted to much$$.

When the current supply of ammo gets purchased, the new ammo will be made from cheaper raw materials (metal). And after Obama ends the war, there will be so much 5.56/7.62x51, that it will rain free bullets from the heavens. God bless Obama, for making gun and ammo buying popular again!!! Once he floods the market w/ surplus ammo, he will be loved by this entire board.*

*Disclaimer: If I am wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

So I am an old fart and have seen alot in the gun trades. When the first AWB came along under Clinton gun prices soared to about $1500 + for an AR preban. After the ban they went down to $700 to $900. Now the prices will soar again untill something stable comes along to let people know where things are headed.

All this panic is because we have a democrat in office now and their agenda over the years has been anti gun. I saw a primer and powder panic in the past and a high cap mag panic in the past or a handgun panic and you will see all this again untill someone says what the new laws will be. Then you will know if you keep what you bought or lose it in a canoe accident.

jj

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads