JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door."

I'll take him over your 300 black out.

9B4A07EF-5C24-4A91-AA95-B3A845A925F6.jpeg 9F4B5419-1FE4-449B-B60D-03AA0879B400.jpeg

Dogs are great. But what if they get shot the moment the perp gets in the door?
Unlikely. And if you shoot my dog I will kill you.

The same could be said for the home owner. They may get shot once the perp enters the house as well…..

Those precious seconds and noises might be put to good use?
Definitely. Another tool in the toolbox but not a replacement for the gun. Of note is that active self defense guy that has all the breakin vidoes says that burglars don't usually care if there is a dog barking (cuz they will just shoot them if needed) but they do care if a person is home becuase they are usually not looking to go against an armed homeowner. Just what he said fwiw. He has one vidoe of 4 armed guys doing an organzied burglary with dogs barking but no-one home. That's where I saw it.

Definitely. Another tool in the toolbox but not a replacement for the gun. Of note is that active self defense guy that has all the breakin vidoes says that burglars don't usually care if there is a dog barking (cuz they will just shoot them if needed) but they do care if a person is home becuase they are usually not looking to go against an armed homeowner. Just what he said fwiw. He has one vidoe of 4 armed guys doing an organzied burglary with dogs barking but no-one home. That's where I saw it.
Personally I'm much more afraid of a dog then I am of any human.

Dog starts barking it gives me a heads up to grab my gun. Long before they entered the house or made their way down the hallway. You'll never find me in a room without a firearm in reach.

Also with your logic. Let's say dog gets shot immediately. That gives me a serious defense to stand on for neutralizing the threat. Especially in a liberal state like Oregon. My dog is my front line defense along with being my best friend.

On average shot spreads 1" per meter traveled…. So maybe a 3-5" hole depending on your house? 0000 buck is largely regarded as the best compromise between stopping power and minimizing penetration of residential walls.
I was fortunate to learn that years ago. I don't hunt so all my ammo is for fun Or hope never have to use…… uses. Saw the aftermath of 00 buck accidental discharge inside a house. Follow the shot through 3 interior and 1 exterior wall. Didn't bother looking around his neighbors front wall.

To answer the OP topic question....Sure lots of things are 'better".

Something to consider here is.....
What is better for you...and your situation....?
What works well for someone else and their situation....may not work out so well for you.

If you like the .300 Blackout and whatever firearm you use to shoot it.....
Then use it.
Learn to use it well to fit your needs in your situation.
And don't worry 'bout what someone else uses.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads