JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Open to suggestion on anything better then 300 blackout for home defense. I mean it's a 30 cal with 30-60 capacity, in a small package (ar pistol, 20-24in overall length) with great penetration, stopping power, fantastic reliability and will be suppressed to top it off.

Last Edited:
I think the BLK would be a great defense round out of a carbine, especially in more rural environments that might include some pest control.

I keep a 12 gauge with #4 buck, too, just like @Tlock .

20230128_181507.jpg

I'm just gonna assume at house ranges, what you shoot them with matters a lot less than THAT you shoot them. A .22 to the chest from 10 ft isn't something you just walk off.

But hey, you do you. Gotta keep the economy greased.

Another vote for 12 GA with buckshot. The sound of racking the slide of a shotgun is fairly well recognized. Could dissuade an unwelcome visitor before things escalate.

Big fan of .44spl. 240grain HP makes a hole about the size of a quarter soon as it hits meat. 5 of them in my Bull dog pug. Very small pistol very hard to get ahold of by a bad guy nothing to cock no safety to fiddle with. Pick it up pull the trigger worry about when the ringing in your ears is going awake. Bad guy has a garden hose sized hole with blood flowing out of it and is deaf.

Another vote for 12 ga. Pump, 10 shot magazine, loaded with 00 buck and a barrel mounted stream light for ease of operation.

that doesn't mean there isn't strategically placed high capacity weapons all over the home but I like my shotgun as a first choice.

i don't know man. we're way out there. and don't expect much excitement.

i lost all firearms in a tragic boating accident. but my general plan involves meeting any unwanteds in a loincloth with my hunting bow at full draw.

i feel it's a strong visual deterrent.

and yet i'm not quite sure how much sheetrock a 100 grain broadhead will go through at 300fps.

Another vote for 12 ga. Pump, 10 shot magazine, loaded with 00 buck and a barrel mounted stream light for ease of operation.

that doesn't mean there isn't strategically placed high capacity weapons all over the home but I like my shotgun as a first choice.
Running a SOE single point bungee sling and velcro side saddle on my 590-A1. Tritium dot up front, Streamlight white light, magpul furniture, mag extension tube.

If the perpetrator ends up going to the forever box, which is a high probability with a 12 guage, there'll probably be less potential legal ramifications with an old school boom stick.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top