JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
XD all the way, I'm biased though. I tried the Glocks, and the others but, the XD fit my hand the best (not the XDM). I have large hands though. I own a 9mmSC and a 5"45acp.

It's going to be hard to argue that "fit" is rubbish. Yes, if the sights are lined up the bullet should be on target. Where fit comes into play is that the sights should be aligned naturally as you extend your arms, you shouldn't be working to align them. With glocks I end up with the front sight post WAY above the rear sight, as in more likely to send bullets over their heads.

I would suggest you trim your list of requirements some.

Finding a platform that fits your hand well the #1 priority. I'm not going to bash glocks, they go bang when you need them to. But it's probably the very last gun I would put in my holster. Just because it goes bang doesn't mean I hit my target.

Shooter error not the glock. To you Coos Bay Creep no there is not.

Shooter error not the glock. To you Coos Bay Creep no there is not.

I have to fight a glock to get the sights lined up, not to mention glocks have a tendency to rub blisters on my strong hand thumb. If they work for you, that's great, but they don't for everybody. I've never been able to shoot a glock worth crap, doesn't mean the gun is crap. Just means the gun doesn't work with my hand.

like mortre above says pick something that fits your hand that you can shoot well get the best gun you can afford buy used before you buy cheap. you can get police trade ins go to a in door gun range where you can feel the way the pistol fits then rent one or two then when your done you will have a better idea if the glock fits buy it there not the best lookinging to some people but mine is beautiful and i love her ;):cool:

The HK will feel really top heavy if you pick it up at a show- it feels perfect with a full mag. Also, I LOVE my XDm Bi-tone 3.8 compact. I also highly recommend the SigPro 2022- polymer framed Sig, very well priced.

I don't know how anyone can say fit doesn't matter...the weapon needs to be a natural extension of your index finger if you want any hope of hitting a target accurately under duress. Also, having a weapon with a grip that actually fit's one's hand if they have small paws like me helps a ton. I never liked shooting the Berretta m9's in the Marines, because the grip was just too fat for my hands

Honestly I've tried just about every polymer pistol on the market, or at least handled them in shops to see if it "fit" me better, and I keep going back to Glocks. I had the same problem as you do, I just felt like I couldn't shoot them well. After buying an Advantage Arms conversion kit for my Glock 30 and putting roughly 2,000 rounds through it over the course of a few months I felt a lot more comfortable with the trigger. Now I shoot Glocks better than I shoot anything else. Glocks just seem to take awhile to learn the trigger. I highly doubt you'll find anything that will be as user serviceable as a Glock. You definitely won't find as much aftermarket with anything except a 1911. Sell a gun or two you don't use and buy either an AA kit or a LOT of ammo and make yourself learn the trigger. Check this website Advantage Arms .22LR Conversion Kits and Magazines for Glock and 1911 Pistols for sale at low prices in Dallas, TX Texas and you'll find AA kits for the 17/22/34/35 pop up regularly. A Glock was my second centerfire pistol and after owning or shooting way more pistol than I'd like to admit I came back to the same Glock I originally had, the model 19. You'll be hard pressed to find a better "do it all" pistol. Good luck!

I have owned them all and there ain't no "perfect" handgun. My problem is I like them all.
The M&P is really a great design with the changeable grips and strong after market support, it is also a pleasure to load up the 9 and walk a can around a gravel pit with 17 rounds. But, if allowed only one it would be the Glock 23 Gen 4. Mine is cut and ground and filled to fit my hand just right (there is something to this). It comes to hand quickly from my hip or laying flat on a table. 14 rounds of .40 in a light, relatively thin package and accurate too. With handguns there are just too many choices, don't get hung up on one brand.

HKp30L

only because you don't like the XDm. Honestly, to get anything better or on par with a Glock or XDm, the price jumps quite a bit. They are really the two top dog blue collar guns out there. The Ford and Chevy.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top