JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
IMG_0701.JPG IMG_0702.JPG i am trying to determine if this has any value. The story is that it was off of a WWll Navy Vessel. ((I have no way to confirm this by the way) It's just what my father told me. It has been in our family for over 70 years.
It is a silver cigarette lighter.
Any knowledge you may have would sure be appreciated. Thankyou

I don't have any idea of the value, but that's a beautiful piece of "trench art" or in your case ship art. Here are a few pictures of a lighter my dad made back in the Second World War. IMG_0676.JPG IMG_0675.JPG

I have a few items of WW1 trench art from my grandfather. One is a brass tray with handles made out of brass artillery shell casings. It is oval shaped and about 12" long by about 4" wide. Another is a pair of tweezers that fits inside of a .50 caliber cartridge casing. An awful lot of WW1 or any war for that matter is waiting with times of intense activity. Got to do something while you are waiting.

Trench Art is a very cool albeit niche , collectible.
I think "value" and "dollar value" can be vastly different in the world of gun collecting and even more so in the antique / Trench Art world.
I have a couple of cool pieces , here is a Knife made from a rifle cartridge.
Andy
DSC06060.jpg
DSC06055.jpg

Things like Trench Art are generally valuable to the person who it was given to or who had the piece made. Although, there are some people who have Collections of this sort - usually, they are called Museums! Just kidding. Personally, I don't see any value in this particular case. It's nice but likely only valuable to a family member. Just my opinion.

Things like Trench Art are generally valuable to the person who it was given to or who had the piece made. Although, there are some people who have Collections of this sort - usually, they are called Museums! Just kidding. Personally, I don't see any value in this particular case. It's nice but likely only valuable to a family member. Just my opinion.
Ok. Thankyou. I thought maybe so.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top