JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love buying online and missing the Governor's tax but the shipping hazmat fee is ridiculous. Where do yall get your powder from?

How much powder do you use in 6 mos, a year? I agree that the hazmat fee is ridiculous but I just order enough Powder and Primers from Powder Valley to last me the better part of a year. I save enough on two boxes of Benchrest Primers to make the hazmat fee essentially "free". When you look at a local Dealer selling an 8# jug of Varget for $180, then adding almost 10% for Sales Tax, the $146 price from Powder Valley doesn't look all that bad.

The key to dealing with hazmat fees is to make a large enough order by either buying a years supply or going together with local shooters. Form a "Co-op" and buy everything as a group.

If I absolutely have to buy a single pound of powder or single box of primers I'll most likely go to my new Cabela's. It's close enough I can walk there, have lunch, buy my stuff, and walk back home. Get my powder and exercise at the same time.

How much powder do you use in 6 mos, a year? I agree that the hazmat fee is ridiculous but I just order enough Powder and Primers from Powder Valley to last me the better part of a year. I save enough on two boxes of Benchrest Primers to make the hazmat fee essentially "free". When you look at a local Dealer selling an 8# jug of Varget for $180, then adding almost 10% for Sales Tax, the $146 price from Powder Valley doesn't look all that bad.

The key to dealing with hazmat fees is to make a large enough order by either buying a years supply or going together with local shooters. Form a "Co-op" and buy everything as a group.

If I absolutely have to buy a single pound of powder or single box of primers I'll most likely go to my new Cabela's. It's close enough I can walk there, have lunch, buy my stuff, and walk back home. Get my powder and exercise at the same time.

Lucky for you. I have to either drive 2hrs north or south for the nearest cabelas.:s0154::complain::mad:

Adventure Sports, in Lynnwood-Edmonds.

If you don't mind paying their prices. If coming as far North as Lynnwood (and taking a chance with the Red-Light Cameras) why not just drive on up to the Marysville Cabela's. The savings on powder prices alone will pay for the extra gas---on each pound.

I agree that Adventure Sports is a good shop but not only are their prices high, the Sales Tax rate is among the highest in the State. A full percentage point more than in Marysville

You won't save anything at Cabela's. Been there, done that.

I tried it for exactly the reasons you stated, and it doesn't work out.

I don't know anything about the light cameras, the last time I had a traffic infraction, Ronald Reagan was President. So I'll leave that discussion to those of you with expertise in breaking traffic laws.

Maybe it's time to go out, get in the left lane on I-5, and drive 58 MPH. Got to keep these fools under control.

You won't save anything at Cabela's. Been there, done that.

I tried it for exactly the reasons you stated, and it doesn't work out.

I don't know anything about the light cameras, the last time I had a traffic infraction, Ronald Reagan was President. So I'll leave that discussion to those of you with expertise in breaking traffic laws.

Maybe it's time to go out, get in the left lane on I-5, and drive 58 MPH. Got to keep these fools under control.

Apparently you haven't bought any reloading supplies from Adventure Sports. Everybody is cheaper than they are.

As for the Red Light Cam's in Lynnwood, not everyone has your near perfect driving skills.:) They collected $2.2 million in the first 5 months of 2010. At $124 per ticket that's a lot of imperfect drivers.

I love to support the little guy but online is the way to go. I crunched the numbers and it is cheaper for me to order 1K of primers and 1lb of powder from PowderValley than any one within 50 miles of Astoria. When you want $27 for WIN748 and $40+ for 1k of primers your crazy! Oh an don't forget about your time or the $4 gas.

Apparently you haven't bought any reloading supplies from Adventure Sports. Everybody is cheaper than they are.

I buy all my powder there. I like those guys.

As for the Red Light Cam's in Lynnwood, not everyone has your near perfect driving skills.:) They collected $2.2 million in the first 5 months of 2010. At $124 per ticket that's a lot of imperfect drivers.

Makes me wonder if anyone learned anything?

I go through Lynnwood all the time, both to Adventure Sports and to Sam's.

I just checked my mailbox to be both certain and current, but I've never received a red light camera ticket from anywhere, let alone Lynnwood or Everett.

I buy all my powder there. I like those guys.

Makes me wonder if anyone learned anything?

I go through Lynnwood all the time, both to Adventure Sports and to Sam's.

I just checked my mailbox to be both certain and current, but I've never received a red light camera ticket from anywhere, let alone Lynnwood or Everett.

I agree that they are "likeable guys" but with the amount of powder and primers I buy each year I don't want to make them my favorite charity:)

I've even suggested that I might buy my powder, primers, and bullets from them in "case quantities", $1k orders at a time, and even pre-pay, if they'd come down on their prices just a little. The answer to this suggestion was a "quote" on Montana Gold bullets that would have me paying a $75 premium on a case, even before the outrageous Lynnwood Sales Tax rate.

As for anyone learning anything in Lynnwood, traffic wise, I used to live there 25 years ago. It was miserable then and not much better today.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top