JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry, not mean to dis the OP, but really? This type of question is something that could only be brought up by an adolescent or a tweaker, and whichever it is he/she has too much time on his/her hands. :)

I mean really, when would you expect to come upon this scenario?

Sorry, not mean to dis the OP, but really? This type of question is something that could only be brought up by an adolescent or a tweaker, and whichever it is he/she has too much time on his/her hands. :)

Or perhaps somebody who values his time too much to waste it watching crappy SWAT team reality shows to find out how these things work. :s0131:

put these on all entrances and all ground-floor windows.

HAZMAT_Class_1-1_Explosives.png

FBs are a lot like the taser... there's not much you can do about it. and just like the taser, by the time it's over, you're already done for.

having experienced both, i've had occasion to think about ways to defeat either. knowing its coming is really the only way to even stand a chance. if you cover your ears and duck your head, you can remain in a state of combat readiness.. but most people on the receiving end of the m84 have no clue its coming.

i really dont even see being able to train for it... what are the odds, and when would it happen? it takes the brain way too long to acknowledge the sound of broken glass and associate it with the need to duck and cover... even if you are "trained."

There are many of us here who would like to plan what to do if the SHTF. So far you are the only one who's posted who isn't interested in the topic, so maybe you're just in the wrong place.

Better hurry up. I think you're missing a re-run of the Jetsons on TV. :s0155:

I would think one of the best defenses against a FB would be to replace first story windows with Lexan. Known generically as polycarbonate.
Most SWAT teams etc., are going to toss it through a glass window. The Lexan window(s) will cause them to bounce off, and then the "tosser" becomes the victim of his/her own device.
This will buy you the time necessary to take appropriate measures for the second/next one.

I would think one of the best defenses against a FB would be to replace first story windows with Lexan. Known generically as polycarbonate.
Most SWAT teams etc., are going to toss it through a glass window. The Lexan window(s) will cause them to bounce off, and then the "tosser" becomes the victim of his/her own device.

In my extensive tactical training at the US National Academy of YouTube, I've noticed they either (a) break the window with a rifle butt before throwing it in or (b) throw it through an open door after they have breached it. So reinforcing windows wouldn't help.

But seriously, zombies with flashbangs? I don't understand the OP's concern. If you've got a SWAT team coming after you then flashbangs are the least of your worries.

There are many of us here who would like to plan what to do if the SHTF. So far you are the only one who's posted who isn't interested in the topic, so maybe you're just in the wrong place.

Better hurry up. I think you're missing a re-run of the Jetsons on TV. :s0155:

Yeah, whatever Mr. super duper tactical dude. :s0155: If you find yourself in a situation where people are throwing flash-bangs through your windows, your screwed and there is a 99.99% chance your brought it upon yourself. Karma is a bubblegum, deal with it. I crack up when I think of you scheming of how to defeat a flash-bang... especially in your SHTF scenario. :s0112::s0112::s0112:

Yeah, whatever Mr. super duper tactical dude. :s0155: If you find yourself in a situation where people are throwing flash-bangs through your windows, your screwed and there is a 99.99% chance your brought it upon yourself. Karma is a bubblegum, deal with it. I crack up when I think of you scheming of how to defeat a flash-bang... especially in your SHTF scenario. :s0112::s0112::s0112:

not every scenario is the same..

Perhaps if bubblegum hits the fan there will be chaos. crazy idea, i KNOW.:winkkiss:

Maybe in that chaos, power and force gets into the hands of the wrong people. (as it tends to happen in times of chaos)

gangs looting houses, perhaps armed with stolen gear they've scavenged on the way?

although its funny to you, its a scenario many here take seriously.
Anything that can happen, will happen.

But seriously, zombies with flashbangs? I don't understand the OP's concern. If you've got a SWAT team coming after you then flashbangs are the least of your worries.

well we are talking about ZOMBIES here.. so lets stay on subject.:winkkiss:

But swat isnt the only people who have that capability.

Private corporations own their own small armies of men all over the country.

Look at blackwater. (who was just awarded a 120 million dollar contract, mind you).

Men with no affiliation to a nation. no allegiance.

Mercenaries, killing for a paycheck. Do you really think they will have mercy for you or your family if they come kicking in doors like in hurricane Katrina?:confused:

Wake up.

This will buy you the time necessary to take appropriate measures for the second/next one.

no... nobody ever throws em through windows. not unless they have absolutely zero training. glass breakability is extremely varied.

armored glass would not only prevent flying objects, however, it would also prevent a buttstock from smashing through. it could be defeated, but not until LONG after you're cocked, locked, and ready rock.

very expensive, but the best idea we've had so far. +1

not every scenario is the same..

Perhaps if bubblegum hits the fan there will be chaos. crazy idea, i KNOW.:winkkiss:

Maybe in that chaos, power and force gets into the hands of the wrong people. (as it tends to happen in times of chaos)

gangs looting houses, perhaps armed with stolen gear they've scavenged on the way?

although its funny to you, its a scenario many here take seriously.
Anything that can happen, will happen.

Have at it my friend.

Who am I to say that you shouldn't hang out in your own home wearing ear muffs and some snappy looking welder's goggles. :s0131: I'm gonna go mow my lawn and then try and get in 9 holes of golf... maybe not as personally satisfying as your endeavor, but fun none-the-less. :s0155:

the best protection is not being around one, or anyone who needs one tossed in their general direction:s0131:

i know most guys around here prefer the total-collapse and subsequent anarchy model for how the S will HTF.

personally, i feel it's much, much more likely that rather than collapse, we'll all be subject to a totalitarian, ultimate-authoritarian model. under these circumstances, if you don't submit, you'll very likely find yourself on the receiving end of whatever that evil government decides to throw at you. including SWAT-style hits on residences containing firearms/resistance partisans. the m84 will shine, in those days.

You do realize that a flashbangs of LEO/MIL grade are exceptionally easy to manufacture, right?

I've heard about a house that had armored shutters, periscopes, etc. All designed to hold off the "zombies". It worked pretty good for the first wave, then they stood off and let 'em have it with mortars.

*Thump* *Thump* *Thump* EEEEeeeeeeBOOOMM! "Correction, 3 minutes south"

*Thump* *Thump* *Thump* EEEEEeeeeeeBooomM! *Smash, tinkle, tinkle*

"Reeepeat"

*third salvo*

"Reeeeepeat"

*fourth salvo*

"Reeeepeat"

you know the rest......

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show