JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone know of a product out there like this wall safe, but with a more complex, keyless mechanical lock than that?

My primary goal is to keep guns secure from kids. I really like the Simplex lock in terms of general design, but with just over 1,000 combinations, I'm concerned that if my wife and I are out of the house, my smart, determined, resourceful kid going through a rebellious phase (aka being a teenager) could methodically break in given only a few hours.

Is there such a thing as a "10 button simplex" wall safe, maybe?

Hidden Thunder Decoy Frames

I got one of these with a handgun in it. Uses an ornate magnet to unlock it. For me the magnet sits on top of the photo frame so it just looks like its supposed to be there then when you need the firearm, you move it to the unlock position, somewhere else on the frame and it pop opens and you got your gat.

If you've got a kid who is willing to take a few hours to try and get into that thing, you need a better safe. And I don't mean just a more complex key pad. Because with some basic tools that you've probably got in your garage, a determined kid could probably get into that in 10 minutes. Those things are great for what they are but they're only lock boxes and not actual safes.

Also keep in mind that they make monitoring systems for safes that can alert you if someone tries to tamper with the safe. So you could put that lock box in your closet behind a solid locked door and then put a monitor on the door so if it's ever opened/tampered with, you could get an alert...before they've even gotten to the lock box. And you could put a monitor on the lockbox/safe itself for redundancy.

But again, if you've legit got a kid who would try to get into that, you probably need a real safe. :)

One more idea...You could get a secondary hasp...and for not too much money...you could probably have it welded to the door and frame. And then run a secondary padlock through it. It might not be pretty but it would give it an added layer of protection. :)

For handgun safes, I really like Fas1. They are thick steel, can be drilled and mounted however you want, and use a simplex lock. I'd get one with the key bypass so you can lock out the simplex function if leaving it unattended for any length of time to keep fiddly kids from getting in. Keep in mind that no safe can stand up to a determined attacker with tools and time.

Good luck!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top