JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
the wording of the bill gives that impression. she seems to have made an attempt to make it so that any semi-auto gun that has a removable mag will become illegal. this is based off of her definition of a pistol grip, which in the bill says, any feature that allows you to grip the weapon. so if it has a removable mag and 1 unsporting feature it is illegal and a pistol grip would be that feature.

also, read the bill.

the wording of the bill gives that impression. she seems to have made an attempt to make it so that any semi-auto gun that has a removable mag will become illegal. this is based off of her definition of a pistol grip, which in the bill says, any feature that allows you to grip the weapon. so if it has a removable mag and 1 unsporting feature it is illegal and a pistol grip would be that feature.

also, read the bill.

Well you didn't read very well.

Show me where it say "any semiauto with a pistol grip".

Well you didn't read very well.

Show me where it say "any semiauto with a pistol grip".

maybe you should read it again.

a pistol grip is defined as a feature that allows you to grip the weapon. the weapon to be made illegal needs to be semi-auto, have a detachable magazine and one of the following features... a pistol grip is one of those feature.

maybe you should read it again.

a pistol grip is defined as a feature that allows you to grip the weapon. the weapon to be made illegal needs to be semi-auto, have a detachable magazine and one of the following features... a pistol grip is one of those feature.

Under Pistol it says a "SECOND PISTOL GRIP"

The idea that there is any language whatsoever that there is a "total semi-auto ban" is ridiculous and literally takes about 5 minutes of reading the bill to figure out. Granted the language is very restrictive on what is allowed, but absolutely nowhere is there anything referring to outlawing semi-automatic pistols simply because they have a pistol grip. The bill explicitly discusses the difference between an "assault weapon" and a "semi-automatic pistol." where I think people are getting confused is with the definition of an "assault weapon" which according to the proposed law is:

The term ‘semiautomatic assault weapon' means any of the following, regardless of country of manufacture or caliber of ammunition accepted:
(A)
A semiautomatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any 1 of the following:
(i)
A pistol grip.

This is simply stating any semi-automatic RIFLE with a pistol grip and a detachable magazine is considered an assault weapon. the "(i) A pistol grip" refers only to (A). Further down the semi-automatic pistol is referenced as becoming an assault weapon when:

(D) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any 1 of the following:
(i)
A threaded barrel.
(ii)
A second pistol grip.
(iii)
A barrel shroud.
(iv)
The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
(v)
A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.
(E)
A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

Don't get me wrong, this bill is extremely restrictive in it's language, but there is absolutely no "total ban on semi-automatics" anywhere.

Based on my couple of reads, I don't think it bans all semi-autos.

It is still draconian, stupid, and enough other things we should be able to fight it for what it actually wants to do. I just don't want a trend of using misinformation to start. Presenting misinformation as fact can make us foolish and I know people will capitalize on that.

What makes it even more dangerous now is that the bill has been changed to no longer treat grandfathered firearms as NFA firearms with the $200 tax stamp and all the paperwork to go with it. Also, it has been changed to allow them to be transferred... This makes the bill dangerous due to the fact that more might "compromise" on it, especially the representatives that were on the fence or might want a favor from the liberals for something else down the road. It sucks how they wheel and deal for votes...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top