JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just kind of thinking if you took a 10.5"-12.5" ar and welded a can to barrel you would have a great hd weapon. The only problem is if you ever needed to clean the can, it would be nice if core was removable from the front. Is there such an animal out there, or are we talking a total custom job?

Just kind of thinking if you took a 10.5"-12.5" ar and welded a can to barrel you would have a great hd weapon. The only problem is if you ever needed to clean the can, it would be nice if core was removable from the front. Is there such an animal out there, or are we talking a total custom job?
Why would you weld it? Is that too get around the SBR? You're already getting a tax stamp...

I assume that a gunsmith could silver solder a 'can' onto a barrel that it was mounted on.

The key, as you mention, is being able to remove the core from the front and also properly align it in the 'can', and/or to ensure proper alignment of the 'can' with the core and barrel bore.

There are 'reflex' suppressors, and there was a new suppressor I saw in a Shot Show vid that doesn't have baffles.

You can get a liberty suppressors Zulu or Leonidas upper. They're building me a Leonidas right now with some ultralight parts I supplied actually. There is also the gemtech integra uppers. But I have one and it actually needs to go back to them, wouldnt cycle on 4 different lowers and various ammo right out the box. Super annoying and they're making me pay for shipping to them to fix it, so I would recommend nobody buy anything from gemtech

Forgive my ignorance but aren't cans essentially self cleaning? If shooting something like 300bo subs most the time…wouldn't switching to supers for a mag essentially blow any accumulation of crap out the front?

The requirements are the same as for mussle breaks and flash hidrers used to get to 16+"

Per the ATF on page 6
https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/doc ... 0/download

The ATF procedure for measuring barrel length is to measure from the closed bolt (or breech-face) to
the furthermost end of the barrel or permanently attached muzzle device. Permanent methods of
attachment include full-fusion gas or electric steel-seam welding, high-temperature (1100°F) silver
soldering, or blind pinning with the pin head welded over. Barrels are measured by inserting a dowel rod
into the barrel until the rod stops against the bolt or breech-face. The rod is then marked at the
furthermost end of the barrel or permanently attached muzzle device, withdrawn from the barrel, and
measured.

FWIW there are many manufactures that only make fully welded centerfire suppressors and general opinion is that cleaning is hardly ever needed on centerfire builds firing jacketed bullets
Also doin it yourself or having a third party P&W it may void the manufactures warranty so best to check with the manufacture before hand to see if they could do it for you.
OH! One more thing. if this is going on an AR style weapon an adjustable gas block is highly advisable because suppressors can effect cycling

Yeah not super sure of how dirty they really get with supers as most of my experience with cans is with subs. I have the ability to weld or solder and really don't have the notion to have someone build an upper with an integral or permanently attached can. And yes this is to be able to make a one stamp item not a two stamper.

Yeah not super sure of how dirty they really get with supers as most of my experience with cans is with subs. I have the ability to weld or solder and really don't have the notion to have someone build an upper with an integral or permanently attached can. And yes this is to be able to make a one stamp item not a two stamper.
Regardless of cleaning, I'm now seeing an option where you could have multiple weapons with a tube up front as essentially a blast can that can accept baffles and an end plate.

Seems like it'd be a decent way to move a suppressor from one pinned gun to another without having to buy multiple cans.

Wonder if something like that exists?

Regardless of cleaning, I'm now seeing an option where you could have multiple weapons with a tube up front as essentially a blast can that can accept baffles and an end plate.

Seems like it'd be a decent way to move a suppressor from one pinned gun to another without having to buy multiple cans.

Wonder if something like that exists?
Yes, the ATF calls this model "The Felony Express" ;)

As of now the ATF considers anything that can or is designed to reduce the report of as firearm to be a suppressor and require a stamp. Having more than one tube that the guts could fit in would count as having more than one suppressor in the eyes of the ATF

Not exactly what you're asking, just related: My new dead air primal which uses the rear HUB system has pin & weld holes on the adapters which makes no sense to me because they would only add something like 1/2" to your barrel's length. So unless you have a 15.5" barrel you want to be a tax free rifle AND you want to direct thread your suppressor it looks like a thing that serves no purpose. It's a head scratcher to me

Any user serviceable rifle rated can that has a front cap and removable baffles could be welded to a barrel and serviced from the front. The tube, if welded, adds to the barrel length.

I want a non-SBR suppressed PS90.
16" threaded PS90 barrel-----> https://fnspecialties.com/ps90-16-barrel/

if you want a short PS90 you will likely spend more than the tax stamp in gunsmithing to accomplish what you want. and you will be stuck in that configuration. I enjoy being able to switch the between the Oculus in short config for looks or the mask and nomad for suppression. federal way has 10.4" cmmg barrels in stock, also check high desert dog, their barrels are a little more expensive but seem better quality.

Any user serviceable rifle rated can that has a front cap and removable baffles could be welded to a barrel and serviced from the front. The tube, if welded, adds to the barrel length.
Any specific models to look at with these features?

16" threaded PS90 barrel-----> https://fnspecialties.com/ps90-16-barrel/

if you want a short PS90 you will likely spend more than the tax stamp in gunsmithing to accomplish what you want. and you will be stuck in that configuration. I enjoy being able to switch the between the Oculus in short config for looks or the mask and nomad for suppression. federal way has 10.4" cmmg barrels in stock, also check high desert dog, their barrels are a little more expensive but seem better quality.
I've been thinking about just getting a whole different upper - they are super easy to swap out.

The problem is that a suppressed P90/PS90 blows back a lot of gas and this causes the mag to pop out of the receiver. Also, subsonic ammo does not do well in the gun.

So it might not be worth it to suppress it.

I've been thinking about just getting a whole different upper - they are super easy to swap out.

The problem is that a suppressed P90/PS90 blows back a lot of gas and this causes the mag to pop out of the receiver. Also, subsonic ammo does not do well in the gun.

So it might not be worth it to suppress it.
i have had no issues with my p90 sbr, (effen90 receiver) i have standard mag retention springs but i do know thy make stronger ones if you have that issue. i believe fnspecialties.com has them. with any supersonic round suppressors are just going to lessen the report but you will still get the supersonic crack, with my larger volume cans its hearing safe.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top