JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I mentioned infighting in another thread as a potential cause of our failure to unite and focus our efforts. Is there an Oregon based gun rights group that the vast majority of pro-2A Oregonians could get behind?

If not, let's start one.
It would great if there was an umbrella group in the State based out of Salem with Chapters in every county. That way each chapter would be better positioned to direct their energies at elected officials home bases within each county. I could see a couple of dozen dedicated members in each county being an effective group (900ish total members). The umbrella group in Salem could constantly lean on the Legislature while they're in session and call other chapters for help when they need a bigger display of unity. I would think the funding structure could be all done out of the Salem group. Then they could disburse materials/equipment to the chapters as needed. Maybe an existing group like OFF would consider trying out something like this in a few counties in the Willamette Vally/Metro area.

Edit: If we don't have at least a couple of dozen dedicated 2A supporters in each of the 36 Counties in this State, we are in a world of hurt.

Last Edited:
Court docs from previous battles would show which orgs actually fight for us.

A couple orgs that I believe (no proof), that have paid lawyers to petition the courts, have filed, and have argued on the behalf of Individual Liberty in Oregon:

Oregon State Shooters Association
Oregon Outdoor Council
Oregon State Shooting Range Association
Oregon Hunters Association
Oregon Firearms Association
Edit: OFF

I would buy into an org led by Jo Rae Perkins or Victoria Taft, and titled "Orgonians For Individual Liberty".

I am one of the Founding Partners for the Liberty First Foundation. We are just starting up and have active members in all 50 States. We are divided by State Chapters and are initiating fights in many States but we need more support. The goal of Liberty First is to bring together all gun owners from across the United States to work towards a common goal of ending gun control.

Currently I am very active in helping with the fight against I-1639 and other gun-control legislation in Washington and know of a lot of the challenges that you are facing in Oregon. The Liberty First Foundation Oregon Chapter could be such a voice for all gun-owners in the State of Oregon and across the United States.

I am one of the Founding Partners for the Liberty First Foundation. We are just starting up and have active members in all 50 States. We are divided by State Chapters and are initiating fights in many States but we need more support. The goal of Liberty First is to bring together all gun owners from across the United States to work towards a common goal of ending gun control.

Currently I am very active in helping with the fight against I-1639 and other gun-control legislation in Washington and know of a lot of the challenges that you are facing in Oregon. The Liberty First Foundation Oregon Chapter could be such a voice for all gun-owners in the State of Oregon and across the United States.

Well hello to NY, welcome to our forum with your first post.

Thank you Micheal, we here in Wa do appreciate all that anyone does for fighting tyrants, even out of staters.;)
It's been a long grueling 12 years of fighting the Californication from the south.:mad:

Oregon State Shooters Association
Oregon Outdoor Council
Oregon State Shooting Range Association
Oregon Hunters Association
Oregon Firearms Association

Okay, color me skeptical. But I think ^^^^ these organizations who have been in the trenches also could use "more support". Where is the link and background info from somebody posting for the first time at midnight Eastern Time?
I am joining Oregon Outdoor Council next to support the work they have put in so far. And thank you to all who fight for the cause.

I've always been a supporter of OFF... Did I miss something are they losing their no compromise status?

I admit lately they seem a little asleep at the wheel but seeing their name being included at fights on the federal level just leads me to believe he's taken a different stance.

Or are they not FUD worthy enough?

Or are they not FUD worthy enough?

Always comes around to pointing fingers somewhere else when folks don't want to get involved themselves.:confused:

My question/frustration with OFF...In the last election, OFF said to not vote for Knute. Wasn't that kind of campaigning for Ms. Brownstain? it sure helped her campaign.

I do not understand OFF's strategy, and causes me to take a step back and watch.

Last Edited:
I have supported OFF for several years and will continue to do so. I find the letters they craft and attach to emailings for folks to forward on to politicians counterproductive. To me the letters read like the old Saturday Night Live bit
" Jane You Ignorant Slut".

I have supported OFF for several years and will continue to do so. I find the letters they craft and attach to emailings for folks to forward on to politicians counterproductive. To me the letters read like the old Saturday Night Live bit
" Jane You Ignorant Slut".
I think OFF's style can be abrasive and along with the no compromise approach to dealing with legislators might limit their influence in the current legislature. My main concern with all of these groups is the lack of their membership being unified with the other groups.
Take first responders as an example of different groups that have our safety and security as their primary mission. Police/LE fire , medical, etc have different members but when a big emergency happens (like 9/11) they can organize and work together to minimize the damage. It doesn't seem like the gun rights orgs are able to work together like that. Some because of infighting, some because one group doesn't see the emergency another group does, etc. Not sure what or if anything can be done about it. But it seems like we are really lacking some focus in this fight.

Kevin from OFF was on Tom Gresham's gun talk last week as was Benchmade. Good episode, I think he realizes we are outnumbered and is trying to get national attention.

I think I'm also realizing we can't just say things like oh well it's California anymore, we need to help out FPC because we are all in this together. Yesterday's California is today's Oregon and Washington.

We need to support them, and they need to support us. We do need unity, nationally.

I mentioned infighting in another thread as a potential cause of our failure to unite and focus our efforts. Is there an Oregon based gun rights group that the vast majority of pro-2A Oregonians could get behind?
Numbers count. That's not in contest really. OFF is one, as is OGO, Oregon Gun Owners. If one doesn't suit you there are others. Been an OFF supporter for some time, warts and all I guess.. It would be great to have a unified group under the umbrella of one rights org, but the real power is in the voting numbers however they're counted, making your voice heard by email or phone calls, etc., as well makes a dent in Salem's Lot's perception. In nature "appearing bigger" is a survival tool used to ward off predators. The men and women who hold their rights as a sacred trust are, in fact, being preyed on. Just sayin';). Looked this fellows site "Liberty First Foundation", up online. Flashy page, didn't find anything indicating serious legislative action, or concrete efforts other than blogging on FB etc.?. Maybe he could clue folks in as to what they actually do.

Last Edited:
I'm not so sure that a single organization should be our focus. Yes - absolutely support the groups, but I think it's also critical that we craft emails and contact the legislators as individuals. BTW - was great meeting you, other NWFA members and "that guy with the Beavers avatar" yesterday.

Regarding Oregon-based organizations, the two that I have found to be most effective are Oregon Firearms Federation (OFF) and the Oregon Outdoor Council. Both have my support and membership as does the NRA.

Remember that in Oregon you can donate up to $50 individually or $100 as a married couple every year without it costing you a dime. You simply divert money that you already owe to Kate Brown and the Legislature and give it to OFF instead! This really is a no-brainer!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads