JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No idea on wether or not this member still has them for sale, or not:

You can deprime 1000 cases in less than an hour using a lee universal decapper. Throw them in wet tumbler and you are ready for the dillion. Not sure cost vs benefit would pan out with automation unless you are going into business making ammo.

I have a few buddies that load 223 with protocols they favor which I don't really understand. This is one if them. I loaded plenty of 223~45-70 on my old 550 with nary a problem without that step. To each their own. Good luck.

I have a few buddies that load 223 with protocols they favor which I don't really understand. This is one if them. I loaded plenty of 223~45-70 on my old 550 with nary a problem without that step. To each their own. Good luck.

No problems with gritty primer pockets jamming a semi-auto?

I am not sure if you can do this with your 650, but on my RCBS progressives I do rifle rounds in 2 different stages. It requires me to have an extra set of dies and a second top plate.

Stage 1 is a lube/dcaping die
Stage 2 is sizer
Tumble
Trim (if needed)
Change out top plate
Stage 2 is prime
Stage 3 is powder
Stage 4 is seat
Stage 5 is crimp (based on caliber)

I am not sure if you can do this with your 650, but on my RCBS progressives I do rifle rounds in 2 different stages. It requires me to have an extra set of dies and a second top plate.

Stage 1 is a lube/dcaping die
Stage 2 is sizer
Tumble
Trim (if needed)
Change out top plate
Stage 2 is prime
Stage 3 is powder
Stage 4 is seat
Stage 5 is crimp (based on caliber)

And the advantage is that the cartridge has been completely cleaned and sized before hand. Are you using a standard tumbler such as Lyman?

And the advantage is that the cartridge has been completely cleaned and sized before hand. Are you using a standard tumbler such as Lyman?

The advantage is that there is light primer pocket cleaning, the lube is cleaned off and my cases are clean. Also if you are going to trim, it is after sizing. The other one I forgot about is that if you had crimped primers that will need to be taken care of before seating a new one.

I just have a standard tumbler. I dont recall what brand.

The only tumbling process that will truly clean primer pockets is a wet tumbler with ss pins or chips. Sometimes pins get stuck sideways in a case or double up and get stuck in a flash hole.
Fixed it.

Get a second tool head for that 650 and stick a size/decap die on it then just crank the brass through from the case feeder. Do your clean and trim then mount the second tool head the rest of the dies, fill the primer tube and you're off to the races

The only tumbling process that will truly clean primer pockets is a wet tumbler with ss pins.

I have a Lyman case prep center that I use for prepping cases. I only use a few of the stations but mainly I use it to clean the primer pockets and a brush for the inside of the neck then into the corncob/car polish for 2 hours.... Spick n Span!!!

Grit from burnt primer residue.

This right here. I do not I want all that crud going into my turret press so I always do my case prep on my RCBS single stage press before I load.
I don't have the pictures readily available but they were disturbing after I deprimed a thousand 223/556 cases and cleaned the primer pockets on my Lyman case prep center.:eek::eek::eek:

Some say it doesn't matter but to each there own.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top