JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Are the newer ones better or older ones? Have possible one lined up guy said its from 81 so made from steel parts instead of cast. Is this true or...? Is it better to get older one thats possible worn or just get a new one? Any prime year to look for?

I have 2. An older one( I dont know how old) and a new one I bought this August. I think the older one is made better personally. With the after market trail for 10/22's I wouldnt even think about something being worn out. You can replace EVERYTHING on one of these guns for fairly cheap. Or you can spend a bunch of money... They have a horrible trigger out of the box so I do the trigger work myself and a breech first cleaning hole. Someday I might bull barrel one of them...

10/22's have steel barrels and bolts, investment cast aluminum receivers and either a aluminum or poly trigger group. Some prefer the metal trigger group. I have worked with both and really don't see much difference, I would use either for a build. I think the fit and finish was better on the older guns.

Ditto with all above. I have an older one (early 90s) and my son has a newer model and I don't see any difference in performance. Both rifles are stock by the way. If the one you are looking at is a good deal go for it. If its owner is is trying to get a premium for it because of its age I would look elsewhere. It's not a pre-64 Winchester after all!

Right on thanks for all the responses no its only $200 bucks and has a evolution stock (wood grain finish) (and original wood stock) and a (off brand) steel lip 25 rounder and stock 10 rounder. Thats a pretty fair deal for a used one right? Plus have option to get rid of one of the stocks to buy some more magazines for it!

I bought a new $300 I-Tac version and put 500+ rounds through it w/o any malfunction at all. After I added a new ejector to an old 10/22 it is just as reliable.

CCI mini mags and BX-25 Ruger 25-round mags ONLY though. Finally just gave up on trying to be cheap. The crap mags and gold box ammo just make for a frustrating trip to the range, not worth it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top