JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After 1999, the gun shows in California sucked. The "Assault Weapons" ban, "safe" handgun roster and magazine restrictions had all gone into effect (Please vote "NO!" on I-1639). This essentially made the shows jerky, knife sharpener etc. flea markets. $10-$15 entry and another $10 to park for junk. Hence, I stopped going to gun shows in California over 15 years ago.
Now I'm up here in the great Northwest and I discover there's a gun show at the Vancouver Elks Lodge today.
So...Is it worth going to?

I have not been to one since the middle of the great mag ban. They sadly long ago became a "don't bother" for me. Last one I went to was only due to a guy I worked with giving me a couple in the wrap M9 mags. He was a retired Sargent Major, fairly sure he relieved the Gov of them, but gift horse, mouth, and all. At the time only large cap I had was my Ruger 89 and could not find a trade for them. Back then the old Lakewood Mall still had that Quonset Hut looking thing they used to rent out and had a show. Paid, took me seconds to find a table with the mags I wanted who would swap me. Since I had paid I looked around and it was just flea market, junk guns, nice guns at inflated prices. From what i keep hearing this is sadly pretty much the norm now.

After 1999, the gun shows in California sucked. The "Assault Weapons" ban, "safe" handgun roster and magazine restrictions had all gone into effect (Please vote "NO!" on I-1639). This essentially made the shows jerky, knife sharpener etc. flea markets. $10-$15 entry and another $10 to park for junk. Hence, I stopped going to gun shows in California over 15 years ago.
Now I'm up here in the great Northwest and I discover there's a gun show at the Vancouver Elks Lodge today.
So...Is it worth going to?

Keep an eye on the "Events and Get Together's" for gun show listings.
Events & Get Togethers

The Washugal gun show was today up the The Gorge.

The ARPC show in Albany is the 22nd-23rd. THAT'S a good one.

Eugene gun show was ok. There was a guy selling misc parts and mags, I scored a Wilson combat and a chip McCormick 1911 mag for $10 ea. Other than that there was very little at good prices.

The one at the Elks is very hit and miss. Free parking and $3 entry(?)

A couple years ago i went there to get out of the house and waste a little time. There was an RCBS rock chucker on this guys table. $20. I pull out my money and only had $16. He said "gimme $15. I don't want to take all your money".

Another time i was there and a military guy had a Ruger 10/22, synthetic stock, and stainless. He claimed it was used, but i couldn't tell. $150.

I also found an RCBS loading dies for 357AMP. $20.

Yes, it is very hit and miss.

Well, I wasn't impressed with the gun show at the Clark County Event Center. I went at about 1:30 today. Hardly any customers and the prices on ammo were ridiculous. I only saw 2 smallish signs against I-1639 and didn't even notice them till I was on my way out. They had plenty of the anti I-1639 fact cards but I wish I had my yard signs as I would have given it to them just to have a big sign for people to see as they entered.
At any rate, this reaffirms my belief that money spent at a gun show ($6 parking & $10 Entry) is better spent at my local gun stores.

Well, I wasn't impressed with the gun show at the Clark County Event Center. I went at about 1:30 today. Hardly any customers and the prices on ammo were ridiculous. I only saw 2 smallish signs against I-1639 and didn't even notice them till I was on my way out. They had plenty of the anti I-1639 fact cards but I wish I had my yard signs as I would have given it to them just to have a big sign for people to see as they entered.
At any rate, this reaffirms my belief that money spent at a gun show ($6 parking & $10 Entry) is better spent at my local gun stores.

Thanks for the follow up;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads