JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This is my set up, custom fit to my 1911.
Note the duel clips and cant! This is the most comfortable holster I have ever worn, and combined with a good stiff gun belt, its awesome!
20180102_122635.jpg 20180320_150056.jpg

Been recommended already, but get a proper belt. If it's not ridged enough, the pistol will angle out and print worse. Add to that the comfort from better weight distribution, and the cost. Yeah, it's more expensive to buy the first time, but I was blowing apart a few belts a year before I finally just invested in a proper belt that could survive the whole carry thing. You'll save money in total by spending more once.

I'm short and stocky built, and even losing a bunch of pounds the problem remains. The two best of the holsters have been the shoulder, and one of these elastic type Velcro where either can body hug adjustable. All the belt type seems to drag on your waist in short order. Ankle is slow and is a drag to where, plus pull loose pant legged pants have to be used. Many times I just switch from a full sized Glock 22 to a Glock 27 in a man bag with higher capacity load out mags in a pocket or any number of different places. After using a 1911A1 as a EDC back in the 60 and 70s, I find out that the Glocks more efficient and the 1911A1 my home gun where it's just to get to a rifle or shot gun! Even LEOs are going from duty belts to most of the weight is being carried in a vest, taking that weight off the hips. The youngsters are finding lower back problems at an early age when 35 lbs or more is centered on their hips!

None of the waist area holsters work for me. While not quite as convenient, I use an ankle or calf area holster and it works very well with absolutely no print.

I am 5'10" weigh 190ish, and carry a full size 1911 in a Galco King Tuk. I wear Levi's 501 (yeah yeah I know) or carhartt shorts, cheap belt (I will be upgrading this in the very near future), and suspenders, undershirt and a button up over it. I am a carpenter by trade and have no.problems concealing this in my day to day activities. I would suggest trying a different holster, I prefer ones with 2 belt clips, and then go from there.

This is just my 2 cents, FWIT. I have only been CC'ing for about 2 years; and have ultimately chosen the M&P Shield, in 9mm for my EDC; I tried several different handguns, of varying sizes.

Your biggest issue, is probably the size of your gun. Over the past two years I have carried a full size 9mm as well as a compact 9mm. I managed with both, most of the time, but the larger handguns had a tendency to show; usually the barrel or the butt.

The shield is easy to wear, and conceal, and on top of that it's a nice little shooter. I also carry an extra mag or two. I am a little "old school," I suppose; so, I carry OWB; in a leather thumb-break holster on a leather belt; mag pouch on the opposite side.

I can wear just a t-shirt; loose fitting, over a "wife beater" t-shirt. Or, to better conceal, I also wear a button up shirt, untucked and unbuttoned, over the "T." I can wear a polo shirt; the same as I do with a T-Shirt; untucked. If I want to wear a button up shirt, tucked in, I just wear a vest; or a jacket. I like the Columbia vests; weapon between vest and tucked in button up shirt. I have met with Police, on different occasions, and have always had to tell them I am carrying; telling them upfront is always my choice.

You will figure it out, and as another has said, the longer you carry, the less self conscious you will be. Just do not become careless!

While we on the subject of OP's thread.

Whats a good ideal belt for CC'ing? Right now I just use a leather dickies belt I got awhile ago. It holds but I feel like an actual decent belt could retain better for less printing plus holding good weight.

Any suggestions? Basically what I am asking for is whats the cookie cutter/glock/chevy/starter belt of choice?

Whats a good ideal belt for CC'ing? Right now I just use a leather dickies belt I got awhile ago. It holds but I feel like an actual decent belt could retain better for less printing plus holding good weight.

Any suggestions? Basically what I am asking for is whats the cookie cutter/glock/chevy/starter belt of choice?
Ares aegis belt. Super stiff and doesn't look "tacticool" or scream I'm carrying a gun.

When I got into this, I read a lot, especially about belts. I have two Tagua Leather belts I use and they have been reliable for about 2 years now. I believe there are other belts our there that are very rigidly reinforced. I feel absolutely secure with the Tagua Belt; particualrly with the M&P Shield as my EDC.

Bigfoot Gunbelts 14 oz steel lined belt, it'll last and won't deform...

I've got a Blade-tech looper, just a regular old nice looking leather belt with a kydex core and made for carry. Really, any purpose made gun belt is gonna do fine.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads