JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
While we on the subject of OP's thread.

Whats a good ideal belt for CC'ing? Right now I just use a leather dickies belt I got awhile ago. It holds but I feel like an actual decent belt could retain better for less printing plus holding good weight.

Any suggestions? Basically what I am asking for is whats the cookie cutter/glock/chevy/starter belt of choice?

If memory serves there are a couple belt threads out there that are worth reviewing. Overall there are lots of options for good belts.

My favorite is the Ares Gear Aegis Enhanced. It's not cheap but it will easily last you for five years of daily wear. It is, however, a fairly stiff belt and may be too stiff for some people's liking.

If memory serves there are a couple belt threads out there that are worth reviewing. Overall there are lots of options for good belts.

My favorite is the Ares Gear Aegis Enhanced. It's not cheap but it will easily last you for five years of daily wear. It is, however, a fairly stiff belt and may be too stiff for some people's liking.
Agreed. I've had mine for 8+ years

Elastic belly band with built in holster and mag holder. Comfortable, and I wear it just above belt line and adjust it between hip and just forward of it. I could wear it with either 1911A1 or a duty Glock 22, but really the most comfort and wear just about any where from one hip to the other and it stays tucked close. Bought a cheap one just to see if we would get along. Truely comfortable. Shoulder is also comfortable but takes some cover to make it work. Many times I will use a man bag and again the G27, my load outs are a larger 13 rounders. The smaller one is just a bit less to cover, and the two loose ones can be any where easy in reach. So smaller sized Glock is easier to blend but you need to set your own comfort zone.

I may get flamed for this, but my wife and I both just got belly bands from the Glockstore.com. There is a built-in, easy on-off elastic retention strap with two spots (holster areas) to carry. It seems like a great way to carry when/if a belt is not an option (like athletic pants/shorts, etc.) , and comfortable to wear around the house. The only draw back that I can see is there is no hard trigger guard...Open to comments from those more experienced. It might be an option for the OP.

I may get flamed for this, but my wife and I both just got belly bands from the Glockstore.com. There is a built-in, easy on-off elastic retention strap with two spots (holster areas) to carry. It seems like a great way to carry when/if a belt is not an option (like athletic pants/shorts, etc.) , and comfortable to wear around the house. The only draw back that I can see is there is no hard trigger guard...Open to comments from those more experienced. It might be an option for the OP.
I don't know if it's the same because I bought one also. What I thought was important was mine had a retention strap with a single snap. The two magazine holders next to it, there hasn't been a problem as far as retention. The good part is it can be adjusted for comfort and to further keep it close to the body without discomfort. There does have to be an awareness when drawing that nothing comes in contact with the trigger, but so does a number of other inside waist band carry

I don't know if it's the same because I bought one also. What I thought was important was mine had a retention strap with a single snap. The two magazine holders next to it, there hasn't been a problem as far as retention. The good part is it can be adjusted for comfort and to further keep it close to the body without discomfort. There does have to be an awareness when drawing that nothing comes in contact with the trigger, but so does a number of other inside waist band carry
I hear you on the care with drawing the weapon. My question is without a hard trigger guard, carrying a Glock or similar without a manual safety, is there a risk of accidental discharge when going about a normal, active day? Should I carry without a round chambered? I don't really like the idea of that either.

Here's the one I use. It's basically a belly band with a kydex shell attached to it. No worries about the trigger being uncovered, and it conceals extremely well. And is comfortable.

I put a different shell on it yesterday, and wore it all day. My wife, who hates guns, doesn't notice I'm carrying one in this belt until she puts her arm(s) around me.

Changing the kydex shell out takes a little bit of time and effort, but is worth it. Swaprig Holsters and Aliengear have a lot of shells, and they don't cost much.

One of the best things about this holster is how easy it is to use the toilet. The belly-band design allows the wearer to simply slide the whole thing up out of the way before you sit down, then slide it back into place when you're done.

The gun in the picture is an XDM 3.8" 45.

72D5BB95-BDAB-41DA-9C80-00CB69AE0D48.jpeg

Last Edited:
Okay, my friend. I'll try and make this as simple as possible. Your 1911 is not built to be concealed. Period. I'm 6 foot, 200 pounds, and if I'm carrying my .45 everyone knows it. And I'm okay with it. If you want to carry a weapon and conceal it so that nobody can detect that you're carrying, you need a smaller frame weapon. Period. Glad I could help.

Okay, my friend. I'll try and make this as simple as possible. Your 1911 is not built to be concealed. Period. I'm 6 foot, 200 pounds, and if I'm carrying my .45 everyone knows it. And I'm okay with it. If you want to carry a weapon and conceal it so that nobody can detect that you're carrying, you need a smaller frame weapon. Period. Glad I could help.

LOTS of people can conceal a 1911. Thanks, but you didn't help at all.

Oh, and welcome to NWFA.

I hear you on the care with drawing the weapon. My question is without a hard trigger guard, carrying a Glock or similar without a manual safety, is there a risk of accidental discharge when going about a normal, active day? Should I carry without a round chambered? I don't really like the idea of that either.
Every moment that I'm awake and dressed, there is a Glock on my hip with a round in the pipe. Unless I'm at work, then it's in the top drawer of my tool box. A handgun without a round in the pipe is nothing more than a paperweight. Here's the deal. If your finger doesn't go in the trigger well, your Glock is not going to fire. Period. Learn your weapon or stop carrying it. Damn......what's the first rule in a gun fight?

LOTS of people can conceal a 1911. Thanks, but you didn't help at all.

Oh, and welcome to NWFA.
Lots of folks think they're concealing a 1911, and some folks can actually pull it off. If you're 5 foot 8, 170, and not wearing enough clothing to keep you warm in 20 degree weather, it's visible. Period the end. The only times I carry a large frame .45 is in public and I don't care if the observer knows I'm armed, or when I'm out in the woods and I just carry open. I'm not particularly concerned whether or not you think I "helped". You wanna conceal? Leave the 1911 at home. What's the first rule in a gun fight?

If your finger doesn't go in the trigger well, your Glock is not going to fire. Period. Learn your weapon or stop carrying it.
There is nothing preventing something from directly snagging the trigger in a loaded Glock and firing it. A loaded Glock belongs in a proper holster or it shouldnt be loaded.

There is no difference in concealing a 1911 vs any other large frame pistol.

Lots of folks think they're concealing a 1911, and some folks can actually pull it off. If you're 5 foot 8, 170, and not wearing enough clothing to keep you warm in 20 degree weather, it's visible. Period the end. The only times I carry a large frame .45 is in public and I don't care if the observer knows I'm armed, or when I'm out in the woods and I just carry open. I'm not particularly concerned whether or not you think I "helped". You wanna conceal? Leave the 1911 at home. What's the first rule in a gun fight?

Thank you for your expert advice.

There is nothing preventing something from directly snagging the trigger in a loaded Glock and firing it. A loaded Glock belongs in a proper holster or it shouldnt be loaded.

There is no difference in concealing a 1911 vs any other large frame pistol.
The only thing that's going to snag the trigger on my Glock is my finger. The only person who has ever touched my Glock is me. When I carry, the trigger well is completely covered by my hip holster. The holster has adjustable draw tension, so the only way that weapon is leaving the holster is if I draw it on purpose. And you are correct....a 1911 is just as good for truly concealed carry as any other large frame pistol. Which is to say, not the right weapon for the application, unless you're wearing a jacket. If you're 5'8", 170, the 1911 is a very bad choice if you're looking to conceal effectively. I've been doing this for a week or two.......I'll ask you just one more time....what's the first rule in a gunfight?

The thinness of 1911's makes them relatively easy to conceal. I don't think it, I know it. That said I prefer a G19 for the roll.

The only thing that's going to snag the trigger on my Glock is my finger. The only person who has ever touched my Glock is me. When I carry, the trigger well is completely covered by my hip holster. The holster has adjustable draw tension, so the only way that weapon is leaving the holster is if I draw it on purpose. And you are correct....a 1911 is just as good for truly concealed carry as any other large frame pistol. Which is to say, not the right weapon for the application, unless you're wearing a jacket. If you're 5'8", 170, the 1911 is a very bad choice if you're looking to conceal effectively. I've been doing this for a week or two.......I'll ask you just one more time....what's the first rule in a gunfight?

Nobody is going to answer your question until you get off that high horse and stop acting like you know more than the rest of us. Plenty of folks conceal a 1911 daily. Plenty of folks conceal a Glock, including me. To each their own.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top