JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Lol...you guys are killing me. Look...I don't mean to be disrespectful to anyone. I may have come off that way, so if I have I apologize. Here's the thing. This stuff is important. We all carry for basically the same reasons....at least I hope we do. I'm not Dirty Harry. Bottom line, concealed handguns are for self defense. I carry a .45 in the woods because I may encounter a bear, or worse, a tweaker with a gun. I've encountered both. And I don't care if the bear or the tweaker sees my weapon. Nobody who is trying to conceal carries a Desert Eagle. And if you do, and you run across a guy with hostile intent and a little know-how, you'll have two in your chest before your big pretty Desert Eagle even clears your leather Harley jacket. Let's try and be serious here, folks. This is serious stuff. An individual either wants to have the biggest bang for the buck on his hip, or he wants to be truly, absolutely concealed. You can't effectively conceal a large frame weapon, let alone a friggin' Desert Eagle, when it's really important that you're well concealed. If I'm awake and dressed, I'm armed. Everywhere. I can, and do, go everywhere that one is not supposed to go with a weapon. I also find a secondary and tertiary means of exiting a space before I even look at the menu. You think I'm blowing smoke? Fine. The first rule of a gun fight is don't get shot. The second rule of a gunfight is this....If there's a way to get out of it without drawing your weapon, do it. Peace.
You should just quit while you're ahead! You're taking he OP's thread down your own rabbit hole.:(

Actually, you're wrong. Turns out the holster that I chose simply wasn't the one for me. It was a very well built item from a great company, but I won't name them because they don't deserve any negativity. But, I will name the holster I found that worked for me: Alien Gear. The belt clips are super thin and the holster keeps the butt of the gun tucked into the small of my back so that it doesn't catch my shirt. All but the tightest of my shirts conceal it well. Perhaps you missed the part of my thread where I gave the exact weapon and size specs which show it as NOT a full size 1911.

Also, I'm not your friend.

What in your life has given you this level of cockiness? You come across with the bravado of a virgin trying to play up his prowess in the sack.

There are no rules and the only thing that matters is protecting me and mine. For me, that means keeping a weapon that I know like the back of my hand, that I have trained countless hours and rounds with, and that I can shoot very, very well. I would sacrifice a modicum of conceal-ability in order to have such a weapon with me.

Bwuahahahahahahahaha. Slow your role, sport. When you've been doing it for a decade or two, I'll look to your advice kindly.
Firstly, it's roll, not role. Secondly, when you've spent a tour or two in a war zone with a loaded weapon on you 24/7, I'll take you seriously. Sport.

You should just quit while you're ahead! You're taking he OP's thread down your own rabbit hole.:(

Indeed. I'm not interested in carrying down this rabbit hole any further. This thread held utility for me and I've found my solution. Others may use the posts to glean some insight as well.

But, like I said, I'm not interested in this going any further.

@Kruel J or @DB is Here As the OP, may I kindly request that this thread be locked?

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads