JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Is the present inflationary economy changing anything with your preparations?

• Yes, this is a major factor I/we are addressing. Things are looking bad.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • It is a concern and has impacted some significant decisions.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • Kinda-sorta. More an annoyance at this point, but concerned.

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Not really, though I've noticed.

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Nope, no real changes to speak of.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Um, eh, wut? Is inflation whatcha git when u had too much beans?

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
Yup. I'm thinking the second half of this year is when food inflation really hits hard. No fertilizer for spring planting pretty much worldwide. Gonna be a world of hurt come late summer / fall.
If you're a gardener and grow a bunch of your own. Get out there now and buy a bunch of 16-16-16. Or when it first starts getting scarce go after organic lawn fertilizer.

If you're a gardener and grow a bunch of your own. Get out there now and buy a bunch of 16-16-16. Or when it first starts getting scarce go after organic lawn fertilizer.
Yep. Started the sprouts in February. Everything goes in the ground on Saturday since we are now past the frost date where I am.

Yep. Started the sprouts in February. Everything goes in the ground on Saturday since we are now past the frost date where I am.
I don't sprout any of my own stuff in doors. I believe in direct sowing the warm weather veggies. I don't grow as many as I used to because of no space now. OR, the body to do the work. Cukes, beans, squash, corn have always been direct sown. Spring greens seeds get tossed around the beds. Tomato and peppers get left at the greenhouse (Marbott's) where they are much happier than they would be with me tending them at home.

I don't sprout any of my own stuff in doors. I believe in direct sowing the warm weather veggies. I don't grow as many as I used to because of no space now. OR, the body to do the work. Cukes, beans, squash, corn have always been direct sown. Spring greens seeds get tossed around the beds. Tomato and peppers get left at the greenhouse (Marbott's) where they are much happier than they would be with me tending them at home.

Yeah, I do sprouts 'cuz I'm so CHEAP!

Doing the "Shish-Kabob" Garden this year. So, Onions, Tomatoes, couple different Bell Peppers, Zucchini (among other things).

Everything to do Kabobs, except for the meat. Add some sprouted brown basmati rice, Sumac seasoning and Garlic Butter basting.

Good-To-Go, all summer long! :)

I'm boycotting beef, if that counts?
Oh, we're done with Papa Murphy's as they raised their large pizza's to $18.99. Three bucks since we last had one.

Papa can kiss my pepperoni!
I do believe they also changed up ingredients to the cheapest. I used to eat them all the time but the last one I bought a couple of months ago was so bad I decided - never again!

I still want a Mossberg 930 SPX, but that will have to wait.

The ridiculous prices of guns has just p* me off, this is my slowest year for gun buying, maybe ever. I currently have no plans to buy any guns and might even sell 2-3.
Ive been liquidating. Consolidation calibers and interchangeable mags

It did pain me to sell my Zentico "Alpha AK" but I got a smoking offer.

So, Onions, Tomatoes, couple different Bell Peppers, Zucchini (among other things).
If you've never tried, and have room, try some "Yellow Crookneck Squash". You can't buy it in stores because it doesn't travel or keep well like zucchini. Maybe you'd find it at farmers markets. Not sure how it does in Kabobs. Sauteed in butter, salt, pepper has a very unique taste and texture. Pick while a fingernail pierces the skin easily.

If you've never tried, and have room, try some "Yellow Crookneck Squash".
Yeah, that should work on kabobs I think. Also I discovered Natural Grocers in Tigard has Sumac Seasoning. Nice flavor on rice or any mediterranean dish. Baste everything with Garlic Butter. YUM!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top