JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Obama Administration wants ammunition shortages but not like we have now. His and Holder's attempts to keep guns out of citizens hands has had, like many progressive ideas, unintended consequences. Luckily for gun owners their overreaching attempts to weaken the 2nd Amendment caused an historic increase in sales. Shortages ensued creating even more panic buying.
Will these new purchases equate to pro-gun votes in 2014?, or will the 2014 election outcomes further restrict gun ownership down to such a level that any ammo your government masters allow you to purchase will have a thick coat of dust from sitting on the shelves so very long?

In a nutshell. Yes he did, but by creating the run on existing stocks and outstripping supply and mfg levels beyond their capability.
We created the shortage, but he was the primary catalyst.
No I have not read the article yet.,
But will.

Ok, just went and read it. Pretty much in a nutshell, but the run on it still was and is a direct result of obums policies. So answer is still YES !

The Obama Administration wants ammunition shortages but not like we have now. His and Holder's attempts to keep guns out of citizens hands has had, like many progressive ideas, unintended consequences. Luckily for gun owners their overreaching attempts to weaken the 2nd Amendment caused an historic increase in sales. Shortages ensued creating even more panic buying.
Will these new purchases equate to pro-gun votes in 2014?, or will the 2014 election outcomes further restrict gun ownership down to such a level that any ammo your government masters allow you to purchase will have a thick coat of dust from sitting on the shelves so very long?

Hope....
Hope is if the day comes, all that stockpiled ammo gets put to good use. Otherwise, let the dust build.

Lets just hope the shortages do not become the new reality. While I thought things were easing up I am now seeing it going backwards somewhat. .22 was becoming available again and now there has been none (brick quantity) for several weeks - at Sportsman's Warehouse anyway. I have seen none in the local Bi Marts but I don't check for it there. Reloading components have been thin again with not much new coming in. There is a fair amount of ammo but it tends to be the more premium, high priced stuff and seems to stay on the shelf.

I sort of think it's the guys on Facebook and other places selling ammo for outrageous prices...same guys selling all kinds of ammo, all varieties of calibers.... It's rather obvious that most of them are just price gouging, and yet someone always steps up and buys it from them.

Kinda silly, in my estimation, but I have the chance to check the local shops all the time.

I haven't read the article yet, but will. Yes, I believe the issue is two-fold. Obama and his minions ( no matter what I call them) are actually not stupid people. They are maniacal and conniving and hell-bent on stripping our rights from us. I'm sure that Obama knew ahead of time that him bringing up any type of "gun laws issue" would create a panic, and thus it proved true. I'm sure he also knew the "investors " and hoarder types were going to come out in droves to stock up. Obama created the demand, we created the shortfall in supply. Pretty ingenious if you ask me.

Obama-guns.jpg

Obama-guns.jpg

What exactly is keeping ammo manufacturers from manning up to meet demand? Are materials being held back? If so why? Seems like now would be a great time to make bank by cranking out product 24/7 until everyone's either tripping over cash or ammo!

What exactly is keeping ammo manufacturers from manning up to meet demand? Are materials being held back? If so why? Seems like now would be a great time to make bank by cranking out product 24/7 until everyone's either tripping over cash or ammo!

I know a few guys that work in Bend for Nosler, they are running 24/7 and just can't keep up with the demand.....

Lets just hope the shortages do not become the new reality. While I thought things were easing up I am now seeing it going backwards somewhat. .22 was becoming available again and now there has been none (brick quantity) for several weeks - at Sportsman's Warehouse anyway. I have seen none in the local Bi Marts but I don't check for it there. Reloading components have been thin again with not much new coming in. There is a fair amount of ammo but it tends to be the more premium, high priced stuff and seems to stay on the shelf.

Well people here put it in a post immediately when anything becomes available, and the threads here are like internet news and literally go global the instant things are posted, so everyone rushes out and perpetuates the problem.
If you need to tell people where to get ammo, do it by PM, or email and stop advertising the fact.
I have all I need, so it doesn't bother me, but have watched this trend of wild advertisement go on for some time and wondered if people think at all sometimes ????????????
Just Thinking out loud :)

I know a few guys that work in Bend for Nosler, they are running 24/7 and just can't keep up with the demand.....

Yes, that is the case with most manufacturers and reloading companies. They are not slowing production, they are just not tooled up to meet the insane demand.

Well bad news. One of the largest and last domestic lead smelters in the US is going to be shutting down due to new Obama admin EPA regs.

Last Remaining Lead Smelter In The USA Closing After 120 Years - The Firearm Blog

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top