JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This is excellent stuff Diamondback..........it would be great if we could make it more accessible than just this thread.......is that possible Andy?

It is the fact that the NRA does not view gun rights has a Civil Rights matter. Neal Knox wanted the NRA to be a Civil Rights Organization and fight for Gun Rights as that. Wayne LaPierre saw the NRA as a Fundraising Organization and made it into one. A Fundraising Org is focused on partisan politics and identity politics. It chooses sides and does so to keep the money following.

A true Civil Rights Org is color blind when it comes to partisan politics or identity politics. It doesn't choose a side, it goes after anyone that hampers, blocks, or assault the pet cause (the 2nd Amendment).

The entire principle of Neal Knox's goal with the NRA was Classical Liberalism. The absolute expansion of freedom, the absolute deregulation of government authoritarianism, and the ability for as many people as possible to own, carry, and defend themselves with what ever and how ever they choose.

The 2nd Amendment isn't just about hunting or punching holes in paper. It also isn't just about ARs amd 30rd mags. It encompasses a hell of a lot more than that.

It is about the people having an inalienable right to have access to a wide variety of arms for whatever reason they so choose to. This includes blades, knuckle dusters, tasers, machine guns, etc. And they could own it and use them for anwide variety of reasons. Hunting, sport, protection from criminals, protection from despotic government, collecting, smile generating by shooting dirt, etc...

The NRA's main mantra is enforce the laws already on the books and it wants to be at the table to write new laws. It really hasn't had a history of repealing laws. Its founding was centered on the mission to train Americans in marksmanship since many sucked during the Civil War. As time moved forward, the NRA was primarily a sports shooting organization and had no problem sitting at the table with lawmakers to regulate the ownership of firearms.

Just prior to 1977 and the Cincinnati Revolt lead by Neal Knox. The NRA's goal was to move out of DC, settle in Colorado, and get out of gun rights altogether and be solely a sports shooting organization. The '77 coup changed that. But by the late 80s. Neal was removed from power and the Old Guard was back. Neal climbed the ladder and again was back, until he was removed again in 1997 by Wayne LaPierre, Marion Hammer, and John Milius.

At that point, the NRA cemented itself into what we have today.

An organization that is primarily focused at keeping the status quo, still being a sports shooting organization, and a money generating machine since it is fund raising organization due the partisan political landscape and the side it has chosen.

It never has been a CIVIL RIGHTS Organization and it has never treated the 2nd Amendment as a Civil Right. Also the gun owning community and the gun industry does not view gun rights as a civil rights issue as a whole.

The 2nd Amendment is tied directly at the hip to the 1st, 4th, and 5th. But not many view it that way. Even the NRA.

You know nothing about what I know. I also know the NRA primarily works on the federal level and have been very effective at preventing new federal anti-gun legislation for years. My money goes to the Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) the federal lobbying arm of the National Rifle Association of America.

It's disappointing but the NRA rely on grassroots support in-state, a vulnerability that Soros and Nick Hanauer founder of WA. Gun Control Alliance exploited successfully dropping many millions in state.

You're the expert, what's the plan to stop blue state (majority voter) gun control initiatives passing?

BTW, Knox died 15 years ago. Try to keep up.

Last Edited:
This is excellent stuff Diamondback..........it would be great if we could make it more accessible than just this thread.......is that possible Andy?
Yes it is possible....a posting of that link in the "Firearms Legislation and Activism" section would not go amiss.

So.... you be wantin' to be a butter churn, do ye?! o_O

:s0140:
You had me at the rich and creamy part...and that is all I'm gonna say 'bout that ...:D
Andy

Counseling may help for your anxiety. I know a great deal on this subject. You know nothing about what I know. I also know the NRA primarily works on the federal level and have been very effective at preventing new federal anti-gun legislation for years. My money goes to the Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) the federal lobbying arm of the National Rifle Association of America.

It's disappointing but the NRA rely on grassroots support in-state, a vulnerability that Soros and Nick Hanauer founder of WA. Gun Control Alliance exploited successfully dropping many millions in state.

You're the expert, what's the plan to stop blue state (majority voter) gun control initiatives passing?

BTW, Knox died 15 years ago. Try to keep up.
That's great to know. No new federal laws (except for bump stocks, ect) but meanwhile states have been dropping like flies for the last 20 years.

Good to know when everything is banned at the state and local level, we will be free from federal prosecution.

Virtually every gun challenge including Heller, the NRA provides almost no support. The ILA is another jerk off organization. It exists to keep the law firms flush with cash.

We have guys doing Pro-Bono work actually challenging and winning court cases, who the NRA refuses to support dispite having the same "goals". F the NRA

No body fears them because they don't actually fight for your rights. Just another swamp creature playing both sides of the field, getting rich from both in the process.

You are wrong and il- Informed again. Want to take a guess how much actual money that goes to the NRA, actually goes towards fighting for 2A causes?

I mean its pretty hard considering they use various companies to launder and wash the money so tens of millions a year show up as advertising expenses when they are paying for luxury condos, private jets, suits, 3 star diners and paying off everyone so the train can keep rolling. The reason we know about it is they were SO greedy that ACKMAK had to sue the NRA to get reimbursed for all the rediuclous stuff they were buying for NRA officers.

The NRA has been so ineffective over the years, providing such little support and resources fighting various state and local gun ban pushes. How much money did the NRA commit to counter Paul Allens millions for wa gun control?

The fact you don't know this just shows how ignorant of the subject you are. Its sad.
View attachment 731926

Tell me what the operating costs are for defending the 2A and promoting firearm safety and training? You can't. Only the group providing it can.

How NRA's true believers converted marksmanship group into mighty gun lobby

Change can happen.

BTW.....I was a member for a longgggg time. And, I can remember when we (the membership) knuckled under (were sold out) to the AW- Clinton Ban people.

Because......

YOU don't need an AR to hunt.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....and from the recent past, we have this......

I call them "assault" rifles, which may upset some people. Excuse me, maybe I'm a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity. I'll go so far as to call them "terrorist" rifles. They tell me that some companies are producing assault rifles that are "tackdrivers."

Jim Zumbo

Last Edited:
While some good points and ideas have been brought up for both sides of this issue....
It seems like instead of toast we end up with what the Army called SOS , with these threads...:eek:
Andy

Humm????

Did you pick Hitler and his Nazi party to do your post because?

To many Anti-Gunners......

The NRA = Nazi Party?

And,

The Membership of the NRA = Nazis?

LOL. Not calling you an Anti. BTW.

Aloha, Mark

PS....sorry, I missed mentioning about....

Wayne = Hitler.

Not Hitler, but maybe:
B85281F9-1906-446E-AAF8-ACE56EA2C8DB.jpeg
C8A09D48-0EF6-4FD5-BDF5-B6B18847B1A2.jpeg

That's great to know. No new federal laws (except for bump stocks, ect) ...
Good to know when everything is banned at the state and local level, we will be free from federal prosecution.

The bump stock ban is a re-interpretation of ATF regulations, not a new federal law. It's being challenged in court by several of the orgs I mentioned supporting earlier. I take it from your retort you have no plan to stop blue state (majority voter) gun control initiatives passing either.

Last Edited:
The bump stock ban is a re-interpretation of ATF regulations, not a new federal law. It's being challenged in court by several of the orgs I mentioned supporting earlier. I take it from your vacuous retort you have no plan to stop blue state (majority voter) gun control initiatives passing either.

Your vitriol is misplaced. Find a better outlet.
And yet the NRA openly supported it. Yea your white knight "guns rights" organization supported it as well as Red Flag laws.

In 2018, LaPierre's salary increased by 57% to $2.15 million per year. Other "senior staff cashed in, too," the New York Times reported," while oversight "has been complicated by paydays to the 76-member board." According to the NRA's financial report, the group ended 2018 with a $10.8 million deficit, marking the third straight year it spent more than it brought in, even as it continued to increase executive pay.

Court filings suggest that shortly after the school shooting in Parkland, Florida, the NRA considered buying LaPierre and his wife a $6.5 million mansion through Ackerman. The NRA sent a $70,000 check to a newly formed LLC to facilitate the transaction.

The NRA also "used unorthodox means to arrange [LaPierre's] travel, including his use of private jets for almost every trip," according to the Wall Street Journal. The group's accountants were "instructed to pay" for certain trips "without the usual detailed supporting documentation, which was held in a private file in the NRA treasurer's office," including private flights that "totaled about $2 million in one recent year."

But the revelations in the court documents and news reports make it clear, Watts said, "that the pandemic is not what's bankrupting the NRA. "That's its own corrupt leadership. It's really showing that even though Wayne LaPierre is scapegoating, he and the rest of the NRA leaders have used the organization as their personal piggybank for years."

And yet the NRA openly supported it. Yea your white knight "guns rights" organization supported it as well as Red Flag laws.

No one in this thread expects a white knight but you. Politics and show business are ugly and unfair. People watch Nat Geo where hyenas rip baby antelope apart in the Serenghetti and say that nature is cruel. Humans are also nature.

Let me lay it out for you.

1. Wayne LaPierre's wife, Susan LaPierre, served as president of Youth for Tomorrow between 2013 and 2017
2. NRA made contributions to Youth for Tomorrow

NRA made unreported contributions to Youth for Tomorrow

3. NRA contributions were at the highest "Diamond Sponsor" level. These contributions were from NRA Foundation (see page 12 of the following link)

Youth for Tomorrow Fliers

4. Youth for Tomorrow is one of the organizations housing unaccompanied illegal immigrant children

Announcement of the Award of Nine Single-Source Program Expansion Supplement Grants Under the Unaccompanied Children's (UC) Program

Warner, Kaine Announce More Than $17.6 Million In Funding For Virginia Health Services And Early Childhood Education | U.S. Senator Tim Kaine of Virginia

Youth For Tomorrow - New Life Center in Bristow will receive $2,985,400 for unaccompanied migrant children services;
ORR Shelter Contract Youth for Tomorrow

Congressman Sherman Statement Following Visit to Immigrant Child Facility

UPDATE:

Would it surprise anyone to find an Ackerman McQueen connection here?

https://www.am.com/our-team/?id=nader-tavangar#collapse-nader-tavangar

Nader Tavangar
EVP / Managing Director
Since 1999, Nader has risen through the ranks with Ackerman McQueen, from driver to lead account man. He has managed the agency's D.C.-based operation since 2009.

In 2003, Nader transferred to London to open and operate an international office for AM clients functioning in Europe. He has worked on several major accounts over the course of his career including Six Flags and the National Rifle Association, cultivating longstanding relationships with each.

Outside of work hours, Nader can be found chasing dragons and saving princesses with his two daughters. He has appeared in, produced and directed several film, TV and theater productions, and is highly involved with the Catholic church. Nader also serves on the board of trustees for Youth for Tomorrow as marketing committee chairman, and, time permitting, he holds a new fervor for hunting Asian mountainous game and spear fishing.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads