JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi guys, I thought I'd shed some light. First, whatever the problem was with the spring that was causing issues in the FRT15 has been fixed. If you are having problems, it's probably because the trigger is from an older lot. I contacted Rare Breed before I bought the trigger, and they said that as of April you should not be having issues. I haven't had any problems, and it works great. Put about 600 rounds through it after 3 outings. Hopefully the ATF leaves this alone, as it really does feel like a semi-auto trigger. It feels a lot different in person than watching it online. It just doesn't feel intuitive, you really do have to pull your finger for each trigger reset.

Now for the reason I created this account. Go to https://www.bigdaddyunlimited.com/rare-breed-triggers-frt-15-bdu/ and sign up for their 1 month trial. I say this because not only are they actually in stock, but Big Daddy Unlimited ships to all 50 states, including Commiefornia. You might have to wait a couple weeks for your chance to get it, since people are snatching them up and scalping them. They restock every week though. Only took me 2 weeks of waiting to get mine.

+and ya, that's my crappy paint job and missing bolt catch. It still functions fine.

View attachment 979266
They are also back in stock at rare beeed now. If out of stock check back in mornings. In stock today Fwiw.

Picked up an auto sear trip lever from Parker Mountain for my rattler upper. Going to let it roll this weekend with the FRT.

sig.jpg

The comparison video had a remark that illustrated why I don't want one on a fighting rifle.
If you squeeze the trigger hard and hold it a stoppage is likely - operating it requires not pulling it too hard and letting it go forward. YMMV, but I'm not sure I would would have the presence of mind and fine motor control necessary to do that in a firefight, even a trivial one. :)D) The same applies to a binary trigger. You can operate it fast enough to outrun the gun and get a malf. In a situation of existential peril (and anything else does not justify shooting at somebody) I don't need any complicating factors.1 pull, one shot and it doesn't do any good to shoot faster than you can aim.
I can also see some Soros supported DA/AG calling you a dangerous racist (if the assailant you have just put on the trailer is BIPOC or an Undocumented Democrat) psychopath who is out to perpetuate White Supremacy. That seems to be calumny de jour for anybody who disagrees with the Woke worldview.

The comparison video had a remark that illustrated why I don't want one on a fighting rifle.
If you squeeze the trigger hard and hold it a stoppage is likely - operating it requires not pulling it too hard and letting it go forward. YMMV, but I'm not sure I would would have the presence of mind and fine motor control necessary to do that in a firefight, even a trivial one. :)D) The same applies to a binary trigger. You can operate it fast enough to outrun the gun and get a malf. In a situation of existential peril (and anything else does not justify shooting at somebody) I don't need any complicating factors.1 pull, one shot and it doesn't do any good to shoot faster than you can aim.
I can also see some Soros supported DA/AG calling you a dangerous racist (if the assailant you have just put on the trailer is BIPOC or an Undocumented Democrat) psychopath who is out to perpetuate White Supremacy. That seems to be calumny de jour for anybody who disagrees with the Woke worldview.
Again, when are you going get into a firefight and how is it going to occur that the one gun you have a fun trigger is going to be at your side during said firefight? You only have one gun?

1) "Again, when are you going get into a firefight..."
Hopefully never, but if I do I want to prevail without injury and reliability of the rifle would be a big deal.

2) "and how is it going to occur that the one gun you have a fun trigger is going to be at your side during said firefight?"
Since I don't have any fun triggers it isn't a factor.

3) "You only have one gun?"
How many guns I do or don't have (insert standard disclaimer about kayak capsizing) is a private matter.

1) "Again, when are you going get into a firefight..."
Hopefully never, but if I do I want to prevail without injury and reliability of the rifle would be a big deal.

2) "and how is it going to occur that the one gun you have a fun trigger is going to be at your side during said firefight?"
Since I don't have any fun triggers it isn't a factor.

3) "You only have one gun?"
How many guns I do or don't have (insert standard disclaimer about kayak capsizing) is a private matter.

Try adjusting your stance on #2. Make it more about having fun frequently than getting prepped for a firefight that isn't ever going to happen.

Personally the only time I would use a binary trigger ina self defense situation is if I had trained with it enough for two shot drills to be 100% comfortable in reliability for that. Two shots sound like one shot it's so fast and has been very reliable for me that way. So that could be a very effective tool and could be used in a manner similar to burst mode on a select fire gun. I can't speak to frt trigger in that regard cuz I haven't shot it.

I have good semi-auto triggers on my self defense guns and would use those for that type of situation. I think if u have a full auto gun or fast firing trigger gun u would need to be more disciplined than normal cuz most people's first instinct is to blast away in a half panic mode so it wouldn't be my first choice due to possible unintended consequences from stray bullets.

Also most binary triggers give you the option of semi-auto or binary.

I see binary and frt type triggers as fun toys mainly. How else can u get that kind of rpm without laying down $30k for a transferable full auto?

Last Edited:
"Try adjusting your stance on #2. Make it more about having fun frequently than getting prepped for a firefight that isn't ever going to happen."
I have plenty of fun without a trick trigger. Semi auto is good for plenty of range giggles.
As a matter of fact, I can also experience nirvana with a boltgun, pump, or a revolver.

The main part of me says wait until the dust settles one way or the other on the FRT and WOT after the court battle…..
Took one of our VP's at work out for some shooting today. Fired up the SIG Rattler with 300 BO and the FRT which is 100% reliable. He was giddy like a school girl. It was like watching a transformation.

are the WOT currently legal here in WA and will ship?? looking for something like this.
Wa has a #of rounds per second law (5 rounds per second I think?) unlike most states which use one function of the trigger. So things like crank, binary trigger, etc that are legal in other places aren't legal in WA.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top