JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's up to you and whether you want to risk it or not… both echo, binary and FRT according to what Washington has written in RCW are legal however, prosecutors and the such will argue against it and they have unlimited funds so if you can fight it long enough you can win but you better have a good lawyer and have a lot of money

Last Edited:
1) "When are you going to be in a serious firefight"
Hopefully never.
Is there a trivial firefight?

2) They are going to get their PPs slapped
1623847778888.png ?

3) "Anyone herd of people getting their stuff taken/criminal charges ?"
They can steal your property without filing any criminal charges.
It's called "asset forfeiture" or "armed robbery under color of authority."
No actual violation is required.

Last Edited:
"When are you going to be in a serious firefight"

Hopefully never.
Is there a trivial firefight?
Don't get me wrong. I think everyone should build their "war gun" and make it the gun they use to engage in the serious firefight or the trivial firefight that is NEVER going to happen. Peace of mind sort of thing. Make it wonderfully Spartan. The rest of the guns that sit in the safe can be fun guns.

Anyone herd of people getting their stuff taken/criminal charges
Your taking my question entirely out of context. To ask again has anyone heard of any news stories or second hand information of someone actually facing criminal charges from being in a possession of a binary trigger and or a frt trigger in Washington

I will readily acknowledge that optics, lasers, etc. can be demonstrated to be superior to iron sights, but it has been my experience that it's best not to bet your life on anything that requires batteries to function. My Sportster has an added kick starter and manual compression release.

Seems to fire quicker than a binary, which is about 6.7 a second. I say go get it and run the luck. Clearly the state cares about you, the 2A and ammo that's readily available/usable.
FYI 6.7 rounds per second is about 400 rpm. The echo sport binary i shot was 600 rpm.

fwiw here is a video with direct comparison of frt rpm to full auto rpm. Go to the 4:45 mark, ignore the rest.

I can dump 40 rounds in 3.2 seconds
Thats excellent! Do u know can this trigger be used in guns without an AR full auto bolt? I'm thinking specifically of the Stribog. I know the echo sport binary has a trigger lock (the trigger lock requires a full auto bolt for it to work) and it works great in S&W 15-22 -no full auto bolt- if trigger lock is removed (I haven't tried it in a Stribog). But maybe the frt trigger would just outrun the bolt if it was modified to work in a gun without a full auto bolt.?
FWIW pics of echo sport trigger with trigger lock identified:
3A4B23CE-4488-4226-879C-D4B0ED4059A2.jpeg
717F28EF-3C81-47B4-BC80-3A2A62E55DC5.jpeg

Thats excellent! Do u know can this trigger be used in guns without an AR full auto bolt? I'm thinking specifically of the Stribog. I know the echo sport binary has a trigger lock (the trigger lock requires a full auto bolt for it to work) and it works great in S&W 15-22 -no full auto bolt- if trigger lock is removed (I haven't tried it in a Stribog). But maybe the frt trigger would just outrun the bolt if it was modified to work in a gun without a full auto bolt.?
FWIW pics of echo sport trigger with trigger lock identified:
View attachment 978899
View attachment 978900
You need to have something to trip the sear. On an AR the bolt carrier does it. That releases the trigger so it can be pulled again. I have Stribogs and to be honest I have no idea how the full auto Stribogs actuate an auto sear. I just picked up a parker mountain sear trip for my SIG Rattler which acts as a transfer bar.

I will readily acknowledge that optics, lasers, etc. can be demonstrated to be superior to iron sights, but it has been my experience that it's best not to bet your life on anything that requires batteries to function. My Sportster has an added kick starter and manual compression release.
This is why my briefcase AR has laser, RDS and BUIS--anything that renders all three unusable probably means the gun attached to them has been damage beyond use.

Hi guys, I thought I'd shed some light. First, whatever the problem was with the spring that was causing issues in the FRT15 has been fixed. If you are having problems, it's probably because the trigger is from an older lot. I contacted Rare Breed before I bought the trigger, and they said that as of April you should not be having issues. I haven't had any problems, and it works great. Put about 600 rounds through it after 3 outings. Hopefully the ATF leaves this alone, as it really does feel like a semi-auto trigger. It feels a lot different in person than watching it online. It just doesn't feel intuitive, you really do have to pull your finger for each trigger reset.

Now for the reason I created this account. Go to https://www.bigdaddyunlimited.com/rare-breed-triggers-frt-15-bdu/ and sign up for their 1 month trial. I say this because not only are they actually in stock, but Big Daddy Unlimited ships to all 50 states, including Commiefornia. You might have to wait a couple weeks for your chance to get it, since people are snatching them up and scalping them. They restock every week though. Only took me 2 weeks of waiting to get mine.

+and ya, that's my crappy paint job and missing bolt catch. It still functions fine.

202795583_1194886564285747_4957783731867637728_n.jpg

Last Edited:
You need to have something to trip the sear. On an AR the bolt carrier does it. That releases the trigger so it can be pulled again. I have Stribogs and to be honest I have no idea how the full auto Stribogs actuate an auto sear. I just picked up a parker mountain sear trip for my SIG Rattler which acts as a transfer bar.
Re using frt trigger on guns without full auto bolt, I noticed this video which uses frt trigger on cmmg 22LR conversion. It looks like cmmg makes an "auto trip sear kit" for their 22lr bolt. I don't have a cmmg conversion but am interested in seeing if the frt trigger could be used in the 15-22 or stribog.

Here is the video, I just can't watch this guys bobbing head in the videos, drives me nuts, but it's useful info.

Re using frt trigger on guns without full auto bolt, I noticed this video which uses frt trigger on cmmg 22LR conversion. It looks like cmmg makes an "auto trip sear kit" for their 22lr bolt. I don't have a cmmg conversion but am interested in seeing if the frt trigger could be used in the 15-22 or stribog.

Here is the video, I just can't watch this guys bobbing head in the videos, drives me nuts, but it's useful info.
The 15-22 yeah sure. The Stribogs won't work because the way the bolt carrier come at the sear from behind. There is nothing to trip the sear. I have no understanding whatsoever of how the factory Full Auto Stribogs trips the auto sear or even of where the FA auto sear is or how it operates. Everyone that knows is real tight lipped about it. If you knew that you night be able to make the forced reset trigger actuate with a transfer bar

The 15-22 yeah sure. The Stribogs won't work because the way the bolt carrier come at the sear from behind. There is nothing to trip the sear. I have no understanding whatsoever of how the factory Full Auto Stribogs trips the auto sear or even of where the FA auto sear is or how it operates. Everyone that knows is real tight lipped about it. If you knew that you night be able to make the forced reset trigger actuate with a transfer bar
That's too bad. A Stribog with an FRT would be a hell of a lot of fun.

That's too bad. A Stribog with an FRT would be a hell of a lot of fun.
Fwiw I do think a binary trigger like the echo sport would work in the Stribog if the trigger lock is removed (see above posts). But that's only a guess based on using the echo sport in a 15-22 which has no way to trip the trigger lock.

Someday I'll have to try it. A little concerned about potential for out of battery discharge though. For 22lr out of battery discharge is not as big of a concern as 9mm would be. Also I really like the Stribog stock trigger so I'm reluctant to swap it out. I don't know why I can shoot that gun so accurately when shooting fast but I'm guessing trigger is a part of it. I did put in a lighter spring kit made for the Stribog which supposedly will reduce trigger weight but I haven't tried it yet.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top