JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Just uploaded a short video to U-tube that discusses the 1911's slide stop pin problem - a fatal one for a 1911 user.

If someone plans to use a 1911 for self defense, he/she may wish to check it out.

The method of shooting that is shown in the short video is for close quarters use, and can be learned and maintained with little or no training.

Just use safe gun handling practices and common sense.

It provides the shooter not using a 1911 with an automatic and correct FSP and an automatic and correct Sight Picture. All he/she need do, is point-n-pull.

To use it with a 1911 or a gun like the 1911, the gun must be modified or it may jam on you, and at the worst possible time, which could be the best of times for the one tryinhg to kill you.

Here's the U-tube link:

YouTube - The 1911's slide stop pin - a fatal flaw?

A misc. item for those who like airplanes:

I also updated my page of WW II fighter pics and fly-by videos.

Here's the link: Pictures And Short Fly-by Videos of WW II Fighter Aircraft

And here are links to 2 nice group pics:

multione.jpg

multitwo.jpg

Hopefully, I will get some new videos and pics this weekend and others during this summer.

It would only be a problem if you train to shoot with your middle finger instead of your index finger. I have yet to see anyone ever train in this method, although some people might.

Oh No :huh: according to that video, as a 1911 shooter am "left with no affective method of shooting" guess I will need to sell my 1911's and buy a Tokarev.......... cuz Youtube said they are better :s0114:

i dont know anyone that shoots with their middle finger. as for the video, note to self if you use a 1911 dont shoot with your middle finger. i think i can manage that since i only use my index finger. aint no way im getting rid of my 1911. fits my hand like a glove.

I think most shooters have far better dexterity in their pointer finger, rather than their middle finger. I know, for me, any advantage gained with aiming by pointing my finger, would be far offset by the reducion in trigger and mussle contol given in that method.

Wow!!! What a horrible deign flaw that has stayed with us for 100-years and every major skirmish the US has been in. Besides that, why not just recess the slide stop pin like Ed-Brown does?

...but at my age and weight so can standing too quickly after sitting in the floor eating cookies.

I am serious. I just did it and almost passed out. I could have fell and hit my head. :eek:

Trolling, I assume.
This is such a non-issue that in 100 years, it's never caused a failure in a gunfight.
Ever read the account of it happening? That's right, you didn't, because it never happened.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top