JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@AMT Curious to know what you think of this?

I gotta say, that gun looks like The Shizz! Too big for me really, but sure like the looks.

Hey Mike,

I received my Founders Edition a looooooong time ago. It looks just like these, but mine is a limited run (only 77 made). I have not had the pleasure of taking it out - YET !!! I plan on going hopefully within a month or so and shooting it for the first time. (just way too much other stuff going on and haven't even been able to go to the range at all.)

During the redesign they did a lot of "tweaks" from the original that is supposed to make it more reliable and function better.

If any of us can get together and going shooting sometime, I have no problem letting people shoot it. The only thing I ask of anyone shooting it is..... HANG ON TO IT AND DON'T DROP IT !!!

I have a shooter that i try and take out 2-3 times a year.

Edit to add: I also have the 357AMP version and absolutely LOVE it too. The 357AMP is a necked down 44AMP to fit the 357 bullet. Absolute fun guns to shoot!!!

Last Edited:
Hey Mike,

I received my Founders Edition a looooooong time ago. It looks just like these, but mine is a limited run (only 77 made). I have not had the pleasure of taking it out - YET !!! I plan on going hopefully within a month or so and shooting it for the first time. (just way too much other stuff going on and haven't even been able to go to the range at all.)

During the redesign they did a lot of "tweaks" from the original that is supposed to make it more reliable and function better.

If any of us can get together and going shooting sometime, I have no problem letting people shoot it. The only thing I ask of anyone shooting it is..... HANG ON TO IT AND DON'T DROP IT !!!

I have a shooter that i try and take out 2-3 times a year.

Edit to add: I also have the 357AMP version and absolutely LOVE it too. The 357AMP is a necked down 44AMP to fit the 357 bullet. Absolute fun guns to shoot!!!
I love those "Forgotten Weapons" segments. That one was especially interesting. Very interesting design and modification to get the Auto Mag functioning dependably.

Definitely an interesting gun. I lump it in with "Hollywood" type guns personally. Nothing wrong with that per se. I might go for a 45 LC 10" buntline instead for a Hollywood type gun personally.

If going for a useable semi auto I might go for the desert eagle as mentioned by countrygent above. Seems like the auto mag doesn't benefit by being semi auto at all really due to massive recoil. A revolver might be just as good for strong cartridges like that?

It looked like that auto mag was a bear to shoot, even with gloves, and seemed gun almost jumped out of his hands one time. Seems to me a lot of these "ultimate power" pistols rarely get shot. Thats tells you a lot. But I've never shot them so I'm only guessing based on what I've seen and heard.

Speaking of the Wildey, I came across a vintage American Handgunner that featured said. Complete with 1980s fashion. Just passing it along in case others find it neato.

1657327870879.png

My dear long story uncle, still alive hunting and working at 90 had a heap of fine firearms back in the 70's, one of which was a .44 Automag. All guns back then in Montana were used for hunting and we took a lot of game. I've shot way more game with handguns than rifles.

Parenthetical question: has anyone owned/shot the AMTs in .30 Carbine? Off and on I've thought a handgun in said caliber would be a nice paring with the carbines so chambered.

Anywho, just curious.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads