JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Personally I am not so concerned about guns but the ammo situation has got to reach a peak sometime. How much can the average person really afford to buy and then sit on? Are people forgoing other needs for ammo? If for no other reason lack of money will eventually put a stop to the buying, and those who chose to buy from scalpers at inflated prices will be the the first to stop as they most likely made their one and only purchase (realizing how irresponsible it was). The 'invert' has to happen sometime in that those who bought at retail with the intent to scalp cannot afford to hold on to their unsold inventory for long because they probably extended themselves way beyond what they could, and most likely cannot afford to keep it to shoot. Therefore with no one paying their scalping prices, and with the possibility of ammo starting to dribble back in to stores they will have no choice but to sell at what they paid to recoup their investment. This is an old, and historically repeated scenario - short term panic always burns out quickly.

I think it has to do with demand getting weaker due to the 'optimistically' priced AR's. People are finally waking up and realizing the value has been artificially inflated and it is just not there. Those that bought at the highest prices are now seeing them fall are probably kicking themselves in the azz (or someone is doing it for them). Waning popularity for any new restrictions, ammo and components starting to dribble back in - you get the picture.

What really happened is the demand reached a point of saturation. Now the demand curve begins to fall while the supply curve rises.

You will see PMAGS and AR's selling for A LOT less than before eventually. It happened last time as well. The $900 normal price Stag was had all day every day for $500....believe me....

I wonder what will be artificial about any demand and pricing if and when a AWB is passed... Many of you are either ignorant to what is still happening or you must simply think there is zero merit to the threats out of DC and local state governments... And for those that will say, but the Repubs will stop it... These same Repubs have allowed all kinds of crap through legislature the past 12 years... Do you really trust them?

What really happened is the demand reached a point of saturation. Now the demand curve begins to fall while the supply curve rises.

You will see PMAGS and AR's selling for A LOT less than before eventually. It happened last time as well. The $900 normal price Stag was had all day every day for $500....believe me....

Your theories are spot on with one major assumption... No AWB must be passed and the threat of it can't be present. Until then, this all will continue. If rhetoric in DC picks up, expect demand to as well as people begin buying a 2nd or 3rd or 24th AR...

Your theories are spot on with one major assumption... No AWB must be passed and the threat of it can't be present. Until then, this all will continue. If rhetoric in DC picks up, expect demand to as well as people begin buying a 2nd or 3rd or 24th AR...

Of course, and I made an educated guess that there would be no ban. So far nationally I appear to be right. Now, that doesn't mean that it can't change WHEN the NEXT incident occurs. But unlike others, I bought loooong before this, when the seas were calm.

And yes, the demand will rise again if there is new rhetoric in DC, BUT...not like you saw. Those who were interested out of fear already bought. There will be a few who panic buy but not like you saw last time.

I does please me to see Ginny Burdick shifting her efforts to more 'important' issues such as what lanes you should be legally able to drive in. A tactical departure from quickly developing disinterest in any new gun legislation. A standard political move - make sure you are one of the first out of any unpopular issue.

What really happened is the demand reached a point of saturation.
And it appears the saturation point was reached rather quickly. As I said before guns, especially AR and their variants, are a niche market and will eventually be owned by everyone who really wants one and in the big scheme of things it is a fairly low percentage of the overall population.

I'd say yes it is. I see many ARs here in the classifieds that have been on sale for 1-2 weeks already with no interest. Even reasonably priced "AR Packages." People are out of money and the mortgage bill just showed up.

The gun shop gouging, however, has not ceased as of yet. My "soon-not-to-be-my-preferred" shop is charging $0.66-1.00 per round of .223 and $400-800 over retail on "evil black rifles".

Colt AR 6920 @ NW Armory.......................I would say demand is a lot lower now.
ar.jpg

ar.jpg

I'm going to wait on my AK 74 or AR 15 purchase. I know panicked behavior being fed and goudging when I see it. Theres no way I will spend double what something is worth. I have a nice refund check and have been so disgusted that I will simply pass.

I'm going to wait on my AK 74 or AR 15 purchase. I know panicked behavior being fed and goudging when I see it. Theres no way I will spend double what something is worth. I have a nice refund check and have been so disgusted that I will simply pass.

I would jump all over a AK74 even if it is overpriced because anyone can still get ammo all day long for 18 cents a round..(I have got several thousand rounds for mine recently so nobody bother telling me im full of crap ty) compare that to .223 / 5.56...

Ya...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

There is a larger market for ARs now. I doubt the prices will ever get down to pre-Obama election prices. Gas prices certainly didn't go down as much as they should have. They will charge what we will pay.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top