JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is bias blinding the media in current push for more gun restrictions?

"… Americans are not likely to give up their rights like sheep, and if they're pushed hard enough to surrender those rights, they just might push back. Apparently some people believe the Second Amendment is up for grabs. Is it?"

<broken link removed>

You need to read all the way to the end

If they keep pushing, this will not end well. Hopefully all that means is a huge political shift back to the right and not some kind of civil war. I'd hate to see it come to that, I hope my fellow Americans are smart enough to see what's happening and make a change. Otherwise, poke a heavily armed bear and....well, hopefully we don't have to learn the answer.

It is a very difficult process to amend the Constitution.

"The Constitution provides that an amendment may be proposed either by the Congress with a two-thirds majority vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate or by a constitutional convention called for by two-thirds of the State legislatures."

It is a very difficult process to amend the Constitution.

"The Constitution provides that an amendment may be proposed either by the Congress with a two-thirds majority vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate or by a constitutional convention called for by two-thirds of the State legislatures."

The 2nd amendment will likely never be removed, but so long as politicians and traitorous judges in high courts ignore and misinterpret the 2nd, then we'll have a problem. 2016 will be a huge election year for gun rights. With several SCOTUS judges about to keel over, it will be critical that we maintain not only a legislative majority but a pro-gun president as well. If they get a solid anti-gun majority on the SCOTUS, they'll find a way to disarm us, all the while leaving the 2nd untouched.

The 2nd amendment will likely never be removed, but so long as politicians and traitorous judges in high courts ignore and misinterpret the 2nd, then we'll have a problem. 2016 will be a huge election year for gun rights. With several SCOTUS judges about to keel over, it will be critical that we maintain not only a legislative majority but a pro-gun president as well. If they get a solid anti-gun majority on the SCOTUS, they'll find a way to disarm us, all the while leaving the 2nd untouched.

That's my biggest fear right there and I don't think enough gun owners really realize this. As has been discussed here on numerous occasions, there are too many complacent and willfully ignorant gun owners that won't make the 2A a voting priority.

Ray

yes, effectively disarm us... a point I tried to make in another thread... they'll get it to where we'll be allowed to have a limited number of a certain type of firearm in our homes after going through the permit/review process to ascertain your need for said firearm... like, ok, you can have the bolt action hunting rifle, and you over there can have the shotgun - both limited to five rounds or less. They will claim you have your firearm for self defense or hunting/sporting thus not violating the 2A. And along the way, ammunition will be more regulated (nothing about that in the 2A, right). so, yes, as you are getting burgled or your door kicked in by meth crazed bad guys, you run to your safe, call the 1-800 number to get your approval code to open it, remove the government approved trigger lock mechanism from the firearm, call the other 1-800 number for authorization to load it with the prescribed ammunition then turn around to engage the bad guys who have been held at bay by your yapping Chihuahua. Maybe over dramatized, but you get my point.

yes, effectively disarm us... a point I tried to make in another thread... they'll get it to where we'll be allowed to have a limited number of a certain type of firearm in our homes after going through the permit/review process to ascertain your need for said firearm... like, ok, you can have the bolt action hunting rifle, and you over there can have the shotgun - both limited to five rounds or less. They will claim you have your firearm for self defense or hunting/sporting thus not violating the 2A. And along the way, ammunition will be more regulated (nothing about that in the 2A, right). so, yes, as you are getting burgled or your door kicked in by meth crazed bad guys, you run to your safe, call the 1-800 number to get your approval code to open it, remove the government approved trigger lock mechanism from the firearm, call the other 1-800 number for authorization to load it with the prescribed ammunition then turn around to engage the bad guys who have been held at bay by your yapping Chihuahua. Maybe over dramatized, but you get my point.

And we will let it get this far, by voting and talking.

Not to me it isn't. But that doesn't imply there are some who don't think this way. Let that be motivation for everyone who values their constitutional rights to help pass along the message to; (1) exercise your vote, and (2) send the tyrannical legislators (current and wannbe's) packing.

Is bias blinding the media in current push for more gun restrictions?

"… Americans are not likely to give up their rights like sheep, and if they're pushed hard enough to surrender those rights, they just might push back. Apparently some people believe the Second Amendment is up for grabs. Is it?"

<broken link removed>

You need to read all the way to the end

Are you accusing us of having such short attention spans? Wait, what? :s0108:

Last Edited:
I read all the way to the end.
"only 24 percent of likely U.S. voters think the country is headed in the right direction"
"Most Americans don't care to be led like sheep"
"they really dislike being pushed in a direction they don't want to go"
"are not likely to give up their rights like sheep"
"if pushed hard enough to surrender those rights, they just might push back"
"Apparently some people believe the Second Amendment is up for grabs"

Some people
Only 24%
those with short memories
Like sheep
believe the Second Amendment is up for grabs

Most Americans
dislike being lead like sheep