1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Is the 2A 'up for grabs?'

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

2. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

3. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If they keep pushing, this will not end well. Hopefully all that means is a huge political shift back to the right and not some kind of civil war. I'd hate to see it come to that, I hope my fellow Americans are smart enough to see what's happening and make a change. Otherwise, poke a heavily armed bear and....well, hopefully we don't have to learn the answer.
  4. jrprich

jrprich PNW Well-Known Member

It is a very difficult process to amend the Constitution.

"The Constitution provides that an amendment may be proposed either by the Congress with a two-thirds majority vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate or by a constitutional convention called for by two-thirds of the State legislatures."
  5. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The 2nd amendment will likely never be removed, but so long as politicians and traitorous judges in high courts ignore and misinterpret the 2nd, then we'll have a problem. 2016 will be a huge election year for gun rights. With several SCOTUS judges about to keel over, it will be critical that we maintain not only a legislative majority but a pro-gun president as well. If they get a solid anti-gun majority on the SCOTUS, they'll find a way to disarm us, all the while leaving the 2nd untouched.
    Stomper, hker71, Caveman Jim and 4 others like this.
  6. Slobray

Slobray Yelm, WA Well-Known Member

That's my biggest fear right there and I don't think enough gun owners really realize this. As has been discussed here on numerous occasions, there are too many complacent and willfully ignorant gun owners that won't make the 2A a voting priority.

7. dobeman

dobeman Hillsboro Oregon Well-Known Member

yes, effectively disarm us... a point I tried to make in another thread... they'll get it to where we'll be allowed to have a limited number of a certain type of firearm in our homes after going through the permit/review process to ascertain your need for said firearm... like, ok, you can have the bolt action hunting rifle, and you over there can have the shotgun - both limited to five rounds or less. They will claim you have your firearm for self defense or hunting/sporting thus not violating the 2A. And along the way, ammunition will be more regulated (nothing about that in the 2A, right). so, yes, as you are getting burgled or your door kicked in by meth crazed bad guys, you run to your safe, call the 1-800 number to get your approval code to open it, remove the government approved trigger lock mechanism from the firearm, call the other 1-800 number for authorization to load it with the prescribed ammunition then turn around to engage the bad guys who have been held at bay by your yapping Chihuahua. Maybe over dramatized, but you get my point.
    Slobray likes this.
  8. timac

timac Loading Magazines! Well-Known Member

And we will let it get this far, by voting and talking.
    Stomper and Slobray like this.
  9. freestoneangler

freestoneangler wa Well-Known Member

Not to me it isn't. But that doesn't imply there are some who don't think this way. Let that be motivation for everyone who values their constitutional rights to help pass along the message to; (1) exercise your vote, and (2) send the tyrannical legislators (current and wannbe's) packing.
    Slobray and Stomper like this.
  10. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Are you accusing us of having such short attention spans? Wait, what? :s0108:
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
    Slobray likes this.
  11. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

"only 24 percent of likely U.S. voters think the country is headed in the right direction"
    "Most Americans don’t care to be led like sheep"
    "they really dislike being pushed in a direction they don’t want to go"
    "are not likely to give up their rights like sheep"
    "if pushed hard enough to surrender those rights, they just might push back"
    "Apparently some people believe the Second Amendment is up for grabs"

Some people
    Only 24%
    those with short memories
    Like sheep
    believe the Second Amendment is up for grabs

Most Americans
    dislike being lead like sheep
    dislike pushed towards an undesirable direction
    Not likely to give up their rights
    Just might push back

(edited to add p to "ushed")