JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok it took me a night of thinking to figure out if i should post this.. But i did want to get others opinions..

Yesterday i was working in the yard and noticed a Sno County Sheriff parked next to the 2 way stop sign in front of my house. We've had more accidents than i can count at that intersection over the last 5 years i've lived here, and most people either don't stop at the stop signs or use my street as a drag strip. I decided to go and check my mail at the mail box which was right past where the officer was parked. I also decided to stop by and thank the officer for parking there as it was the first time i've seen so many people actually stop at the stop signs in front of my house, and not use my road as a raceway..

Here's my issue..

I walked up to his car, hands in clear view wearing shorts and a t-stirt.. The officer rolls down his window and asked if i needed something.. I look down at his lap and notice he has his gun drawn and pointed at me.. Is this standard procedure to pull your sidearm on someone when they walk up to your squad car ?? I'm sure in the 15+ minutes he was parked in front of my house he saw me, so i can't believe he saw me as a threat that was trying to sneak up on him.
And if it matters i'm a 41 year old white male and retired military and still keep the same military haircut.. So not sure if that makes me a threat..lol

Just wanted others opinions on this..

You can answer your own question very easy. Yes you are a threat. All of us are a threat, young old white black ect we are on the verge of a police state. Use your experience with this officer and learn from it. Know that local state and federal agencies have identified all civilians as a threat and are training nation wide to protect themselves from you. From your experience this is a fact, weapon in hand upon your aproach. Hard to believe but true.

it's probably the new line of law enforcers or he just got a new gun and was fingering it not really watching the intersection, who knows maybe you saved him from having a n d :rockon:

I can say for the first time I'm glad I wasn't carrying, things could have went much worse if he even thought he saw a weapon..
The funny thing is I probably fill out half a dozen incident reports yearly due to accidents and stuff that happens in front of my house and all the other officers are super cool and we sit and bs a little.. Not sure if this was a newbee or what. Well I guess that's what I get for trying to thank a cop for serving and protecting.. :(

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top