JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've shot 'em 1000s of times at ranges.I have a roll of surplus LEO targets that I bought at the store,She didn't have a "not legal to actually shoot" tag on them....???

The only targets I've shot are "bad guys" pointing guns at you. Range where I used to shot I saw many off duty police officers shoot "human forms".
I think it's perfectly fine....

Some years ago (10+) Mass tried to pass a law forbidding the use of human silhouettes at some of its Class A & B ranges. Someone posted this info and it got passed to other states and folks just assumed it was law.

There is no RCW against using them. Most ranges will not let you use faces of current political figures.

WAC 332-52-145: Firearms and target shooting.

Here's a list of places that offer FREE printable targets.

http://www.mytargets.com/

Rifle & Pistol Targets

FREE TARGETS from TARGETZ.com

Turkey Targets | Pattern Your Shotgun

making a silhouette target for 20-30 cents
YouTube - How to make Paper Targets for 20 cents by SAR

Nice link M1

At first I was thinking I was semi breaking the law about things I was shooting. Things like old cars, signs, appliances, ect since I do shoot them. Then I read the key statement, "The department regulates and enforces target shooting on department-managed lands." so since I do these things on my private property, with my property it is not illegal.

Some years ago (10+) Mass tried to pass a law forbidding the use of human silhouettes at some of its Class A & B ranges. Someone posted this info and it got passed to other states and folks just assumed it was law.

There is no RCW against using them. Most ranges will not let you use faces of current political figures.

WAC 332-52-145: Firearms and target shooting.

Here's a list of places that offer FREE printable targets.

MYTARGETS.COM Free Targets That Print In PDF Format

Rifle & Pistol Targets

FREE TARGETS from TARGETZ.com

Turkey Targets | Pattern Your Shotgun

making a silhouette target for 20-30 cents
YouTube - How to make Paper Targets for 20 cents by SAR

WAC won't allow targets with current political figures on them to be sold at their shows, but I know of no law against it.

8 US Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush.

80 MILLION law abiding gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

Legal or not it sounds like the typical PC run amok in our once great state.

I miss the days when people could pretty much do what they wanted before the finger waving nannies took over this state.

The "No Silhouette Target" issue is one that is specific to some ranges. Kenmore, for example, has banned them forever. All sorts of explanations given from the reasonable to the bizarre. The "reasonable" includes the desire to keep the bullets within a given area to get maximum life out of the target frames. One that falls into the bizarre is the feeling that "since the target is almost always a black silhouette it's racist to shoot at it". (believe it or not I heard that from a Kenmore range master).

Some ranges cater more to the "Bullseye" shooters and others to the "tactical shooter". Different target styles for each but No Law against any given type of target, even political figures. After all, when one is practicing their 2A rights you certainly can't take away their 1A rights.

As for WAC prohibiting the sale of targets with political figures, it's most likely a choice to keep from drawing any more unwanted attention to an already attention getting activity. OC perhaps but it is also a case of choosing battles.

Evergreen Sportsmans Club in South Thurston Cty does not allow anything that looks like a bipedal form, including if you can believe it, bowling pins. They claim it's because anti gunners might use it against us in trying to shut them down. I say it's the really bizarre old school shooters running the place.. they simply haven't caught up with the times

Oh, BTW the police only range just over the berm uses any targets they like. I tend to avoid the place unless I'm sighting something in

Yep - there is no RCW or WAC prohibiting the use of silhouette targets. I was told at an indoor range that state law prohibits targets with the likeness of any living political figure. That is not correct. Private establishments can make their own rules and post them. But giving incorrect legal advice is a little too common.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top